- 5 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 7 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 7 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 8 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Sports Halep overcomes Krejcikova test with determined fightback in Prague
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj Is Not Directing Kaithi Hindi Remake: To Concentrate On Tamil Cinema!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Since our natural resources, petrol and diesel, are getting scarce and expensive day by day, manufacturers are focusing more on getting new Electric Vehicles (EV) in the Indian market. It is also being said that electric vehicles will become the future of mobility. New manufacturers are entering the market and trying to capture their space by introducing the best products.
However, a new electric two-wheeler startup called 'Simple Energy' has entered the two-wheeler EV space and are boasting about their new electric scooter, the Mark 2. Simple Energy has invested Rs 1.3 crore in the project and will be raising 1 million dollars by next month.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company has decided to launch its new offering within the first quarter of 2021. The company shall start its production by June - July 2021 with a capacity of 50,000 units at its manufacturing plant in Yelahanka, Bangalore.
This company has been founded by 24-year old Suhas Rajkumar. The Mark 2 will be sold via the company's website and online platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, etc. The company has also said that it will start operations with four experience centres in each major city and two in smaller cities. Simple Energy will also have exclusive dealerships for service centres in the near future.
Now coming back to the electric scooter, the Mark 2, at first glance, the scooter appears to feature a very modern design language. The manufacturer is claiming a top speed of 103km/h and a battery range of more than 280kms, which has never been seen in the market earlier. The Mark 2 will be equipped with a removable li-ion lightweight battery that can be charged in 40 minutes at home and 17 minutes at a charging station through a fast charger.
As we mentioned above, the Mark 2 will be capable of touching triple-digit speeds and can sprint from 0 to 50km/h in just 3.1 seconds, now that's quick. It will also get a seven-inch touch display IP67 rating with 4G connectivity, also, 80-90 per cent of the product is made and developed in India.
Thoughts About The Electric Scooter By Simple Energy
If the figures that the company is claiming are true, then the Mark 2 will be an excellent product and will definitely find a lot of buyers. However, we expect Simple Energy to price the Mark 2 between the Rs 1.1 to Rs 1.25 lakh mark (ex-showroom).