- 17 min ago 2021 Force Gurkha Spied Undisguised Again Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 41 min ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details!
- 14 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- News Shivamogga dynamite blast: 2 bodies recovered, Karnataka CM orders high-level probe; area cordoned off
- Technology Realme Watch 2 Appears On FCC Website Revealing Key Details
- Movies Yash To Join Hands With Ram Charan For Shankar’s Project After KGF Chapter 2?
- Sports Super Cup win a morale booster for Pirlo and Juventus
- Finance Petrol Prices Hit New Highs; Crosses Rs 92 Mark In Mumbai For The First Time
- Lifestyle Malaika Arora Exudes Eco-Friendly Vibes In Her Nature-Inspired Printed Maxi Dress; Here’s How Much It Costs!
- Education SNAP Result 2021 Declared At snaptest.org
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Since our natural resources, petrol and diesel, are getting scarce and expensive day by day, manufacturers are focusing more on getting new Electric Vehicles (EV) in the Indian market. It is also being said that electric vehicles will become the future of mobility. New manufacturers are entering the market and trying to capture their space by introducing the best products.
However, a new electric two-wheeler startup called 'Simple Energy' has entered the two-wheeler EV space and are boasting about their new electric scooter, the Mark 2. Simple Energy has invested Rs 1.3 crore in the project and will be raising 1 million dollars by next month.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company has decided to launch its new offering within the first quarter of 2021. The company shall start its production by June - July 2021 with a capacity of 50,000 units at its manufacturing plant in Yelahanka, Bangalore.
This company has been founded by 24-year old Suhas Rajkumar. The Mark 2 will be sold via the company's website and online platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, etc. The company has also said that it will start operations with four experience centres in each major city and two in smaller cities. Simple Energy will also have exclusive dealerships for service centres in the near future.
Now coming back to the electric scooter, the Mark 2, at first glance, the scooter appears to feature a very modern design language. The manufacturer is claiming a top speed of 103km/h and a battery range of more than 280kms, which has never been seen in the market earlier. The Mark 2 will be equipped with a removable li-ion lightweight battery that can be charged in 40 minutes at home and 17 minutes at a charging station through a fast charger.
As we mentioned above, the Mark 2 will be capable of touching triple-digit speeds and can sprint from 0 to 50km/h in just 3.1 seconds, now that's quick. It will also get a seven-inch touch display IP67 rating with 4G connectivity, also, 80-90 per cent of the product is made and developed in India.
Thoughts About The Electric Scooter By Simple Energy
If the figures that the company is claiming are true, then the Mark 2 will be an excellent product and will definitely find a lot of buyers. However, we expect Simple Energy to price the Mark 2 between the Rs 1.1 to Rs 1.25 lakh mark (ex-showroom).