- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The world's largest exposition of motorcycles, the EICMA Motorcycle Show, will as scheduled between 5 and 8 November this year. The event is hosted at Milan in Italy. The announcement comes after BMW Motorrad and KTM announced that they would not participate this year in light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The EICMA is the biggest, and most important event for motorcycle manufacturers and usually includes world premiers & showcases from different manufacturers and other industry suppliers as well.
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a crippling effect on Italy, and the has brought uncertainty over the EICMA Motorcycle show that depends on whether life in Italy returns to normal before November.
With BMW Motorrad and KTM's announcements of skipping the show this year has cast a shadow of doubt revolving around the 2020 edition, considering it is hosted at Milan. Organizers fear that other manufactures may back out after BMW and KTM's announcments.
As is, the EICMA Motorcycle Show remains committed to the original schedule from 5 to 8 November, but admits that they and other organizers are closely monitoring the situation in Italy.
There appears to be no plans to reschedule the event or move it to next year, but a concrete decision will be made after monitoring the situation in Italy over the next few months. In addition, concerns of manufacturers and suppliers will be taken into account.
The EICMA Motorcycle Show is hosted annually in Milan, and is 'the' event for the Motorcycle Industry. Manufactures take to the floor to unveil new products, and other concept vehicles that could possibly become production motorcycles.
Products include sport bikes, cruisers, standards, adventure motorcycles, tourers, dirt bikes, and electric motorcycles. Custom motorcycle builders also display their take on choppers, cafe racers, scramblers, and other custom builds. In addition, aftermarket manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers showcase their new products and motorcycling gear.
Thoughts About The EICMA Motorcycle Show Running As Scheduled This Year
That is a fairly aggressive decision to take considering the Covid-19 situation across the globe, and considering no one really knows how the pandemic will play out over the next year or so. Manufacturers are spread over the globe, and there is a chance that other regions could be peaking during the last quarter of this year. We think its best to move to the show to next year. There's no point risking a relapse.