- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
EICMA is one of the most important two-wheeler show happening every year in Italy. The 2020 edition marked the 78th iteration of the show before it was decided to cancel due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The 2020 edition was supposed to be held between 3 and 8 November. However, the organisers have announced that it has been postponed to next year and will be held between 9 and 14 November.
Speaking about the decision on cancelling the motorcycle show Paolo Magri, CEO EICMA, stated that it was postponed owing to the current situation during the pandemic. It would have been difficult for the two-wheeler industry supply chain to arrange the show.
He further added that saying that safety and hygiene are the important factors to maintain to avoid the spread of the deadly virus. Keeping in the mind the safety of personnel involved in setting up the show, it has decided to cancel it as well.
Italy has been badly hit during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic across the world. Milan, in particular, is the epicentre of the outbreak, suffered the worst. The country is gradually returning to normalcy and an event like EICMA that attracts thousands of visitors per day from across the world would surely carry an extreme risk.
The company's official also the current economic situation in the market has also influenced the decision to cancel the event and postpone the event to next year. The EICMA event also creates significant commercial and employment opportunities in the locality.
The motorcycle show has been a preferred destination for international and Indian OEMs to showcase their upcoming products. It has also been the go to stage for unveiled the flagship models with a world premiere.
Like most manufacturers, KTM and BMW have also announced that they will be taking part at this year's EICMA and INTERMOT (another world-class event for two-wheelers) this year. The decision was made much earlier owing to the increasing speared of the Coronavirus.
Thoughts About The EICMA 2020 Cancelling Due To Ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic
We have seen many primary auto shows either getting postponed or cancelled this year due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. It has resulted in a delay with product launches this year as well. Alongside the EICMA, the biennial INTERMOT event has also announced that is will be taking place this year.