- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 9 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 12 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Sports Marc Marquez facing further treatment after infection in fracture
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Technology Mystery Nokia Budget Smartphone Gets TENAA Certification; Might Debut Soon
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
EICMA is one of the most important two-wheeler show happening every year in Italy. The 2020 edition marked the 78th iteration of the show before it was decided to cancel due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The 2020 edition was supposed to be held between 3 and 8 November. However, the organisers have announced that it has been postponed to next year and will be held between 9 and 14 November.
Speaking about the decision on cancelling the motorcycle show Paolo Magri, CEO EICMA, stated that it was postponed owing to the current situation during the pandemic. It would have been difficult for the two-wheeler industry supply chain to arrange the show.
He further added that saying that safety and hygiene are the important factors to maintain to avoid the spread of the deadly virus. Keeping in the mind the safety of personnel involved in setting up the show, it has decided to cancel it as well.
Italy has been badly hit during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic across the world. Milan, in particular, is the epicentre of the outbreak, suffered the worst. The country is gradually returning to normalcy and an event like EICMA that attracts thousands of visitors per day from across the world would surely carry an extreme risk.
The company's official also the current economic situation in the market has also influenced the decision to cancel the event and postpone the event to next year. The EICMA event also creates significant commercial and employment opportunities in the locality.
The motorcycle show has been a preferred destination for international and Indian OEMs to showcase their upcoming products. It has also been the go to stage for unveiled the flagship models with a world premiere.
Like most manufacturers, KTM and BMW have also announced that they will be taking part at this year's EICMA and INTERMOT (another world-class event for two-wheelers) this year. The decision was made much earlier owing to the increasing speared of the Coronavirus.
Thoughts About The EICMA 2020 Cancelling Due To Ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic
We have seen many primary auto shows either getting postponed or cancelled this year due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. It has resulted in a delay with product launches this year as well. Alongside the EICMA, the biennial INTERMOT event has also announced that is will be taking place this year.