- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Italian superbike manufacturer, Ducati has launched the Panigale V2 in the Indian market. The new Ducati Panigale V2 replaces the old 959 Panigale in the brand's lineup and is offered with a price tag of Rs 16.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Ducati Panigale V2 is also the brand's first BS6-compliant superbike in the country. It comes powered by an updated 955cc Superquadro 90-degree V2 engine. It produces 155bhp at 10,750rpm and 104Nm of peak torque at 9000rpm, paired with a six-speed gearbox.
Compared to its old BS4-iteration, the power and torque figures from the engine have improved by 5bhp and 2Nm, respectively.
Mechanically, the Ducati Panigale V2 comes with fully-adjustable 43mm forks from Showa and a single-sided aluminium swing-arm with full adjustability from Sachs. Braking is handled by dual 320mm floating discs with 4-piston callipers from Brembo at the front, while the rear gets a single 245mm disc. The Panigale V2 runs on 17-inch wheels with Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II rubber.
The Panigale V2 also comes packed with a host of electronic rider aids as well. This includes cornering ABS, full ride-by-wire system, auto tyre calibration, engine braking control, traction control, wheelie control, slipper-clutch, dual-way quick-shifter and three riding modes: Race, Sport & Street.
Bipul Chandra, Managing Director of Ducati India said,
"The Panigale portfolio is a significant milestone in Ducati's superbike journey that has brought incredible recognition to the brand. With the entry of Panigale V2, we bring a model in the family that looks and feels more accessible while delivering the true Ducati experience."
"Built to impress, it is a superbike with a decisive character and beginners as well as experts will have a lot of fun on it."
He further added, "The Panigale V2 is our first BS6 motorcycle for 2020 and has received tremendous customer response with overwhelming consumer engagement. Needless to say, we are eager to see riders unleashing this beautiful beast on the street and the racetrack, to set a new paradigm in the super mid category."
In terms of design, the new Panigale V2 has been heavily inspired by its bigger siblings such as the Panigale V4 and the brand's WSBK race bikes. The Ducati Panigale V2 also comes with improved ergonomics for improved comfort and better longitudinal movement.
The seats come with 5mm extra foam, which along with a 2mm front and 5mm rear increase in ground clearance; makes the Panigale V2 an extremely agile, intuitive and fun-to-ride superbike. Other features on the V2 also include an all-LED lighting and a 4.3-inch TFT display providing multiple information to the rider.
The motorcycle weighs in at 200kg (kerb weight) and comes with a 17-litre fuel tank capacity, with Panigale claiming a mileage return of 6.0-litre/100km (approximately 16km/l).
The new Ducati Panigale V2 is available in a single Red paint scheme in the country. Bookings for the superbike can be done across all dealerships in India, with deliveries said to begin very soon.
Thoughts About The Ducati Panigale V2 India Launch
The Ducati Panigale V2 is the youngest member in the brand's ‘Panigale' model lineup. The motorcycle replaces the older 959 Panigale, however, takes on the same rivals. This includes the BMW S 1000 RR and the Kawasaki ZX-10R.