- 20 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- Movies Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Says She Was Told To Attend Karan Johar's Parties To Make Comeback In Films
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- News Kerala man tests positive for Covid-19 thrice in 6 months
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Italian superbike manufacturer, Ducati has launched the Panigale V2 in the Indian market. The new Ducati Panigale V2 replaces the old 959 Panigale in the brand's lineup and is offered with a price tag of Rs 16.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Ducati Panigale V2 is also the brand's first BS6-compliant superbike in the country. It comes powered by an updated 955cc Superquadro 90-degree V2 engine. It produces 155bhp at 10,750rpm and 104Nm of peak torque at 9000rpm, paired with a six-speed gearbox.
Compared to its old BS4-iteration, the power and torque figures from the engine have improved by 5bhp and 2Nm, respectively.
Mechanically, the Ducati Panigale V2 comes with fully-adjustable 43mm forks from Showa and a single-sided aluminium swing-arm with full adjustability from Sachs. Braking is handled by dual 320mm floating discs with 4-piston callipers from Brembo at the front, while the rear gets a single 245mm disc. The Panigale V2 runs on 17-inch wheels with Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II rubber.
The Panigale V2 also comes packed with a host of electronic rider aids as well. This includes cornering ABS, full ride-by-wire system, auto tyre calibration, engine braking control, traction control, wheelie control, slipper-clutch, dual-way quick-shifter and three riding modes: Race, Sport & Street.
Bipul Chandra, Managing Director of Ducati India said,
"The Panigale portfolio is a significant milestone in Ducati's superbike journey that has brought incredible recognition to the brand. With the entry of Panigale V2, we bring a model in the family that looks and feels more accessible while delivering the true Ducati experience."
"Built to impress, it is a superbike with a decisive character and beginners as well as experts will have a lot of fun on it."
He further added, "The Panigale V2 is our first BS6 motorcycle for 2020 and has received tremendous customer response with overwhelming consumer engagement. Needless to say, we are eager to see riders unleashing this beautiful beast on the street and the racetrack, to set a new paradigm in the super mid category."
In terms of design, the new Panigale V2 has been heavily inspired by its bigger siblings such as the Panigale V4 and the brand's WSBK race bikes. The Ducati Panigale V2 also comes with improved ergonomics for improved comfort and better longitudinal movement.
The seats come with 5mm extra foam, which along with a 2mm front and 5mm rear increase in ground clearance; makes the Panigale V2 an extremely agile, intuitive and fun-to-ride superbike. Other features on the V2 also include an all-LED lighting and a 4.3-inch TFT display providing multiple information to the rider.
The motorcycle weighs in at 200kg (kerb weight) and comes with a 17-litre fuel tank capacity, with Panigale claiming a mileage return of 6.0-litre/100km (approximately 16km/l).
The new Ducati Panigale V2 is available in a single Red paint scheme in the country. Bookings for the superbike can be done across all dealerships in India, with deliveries said to begin very soon.
Thoughts About The Ducati Panigale V2 India Launch
The Ducati Panigale V2 is the youngest member in the brand's ‘Panigale' model lineup. The motorcycle replaces the older 959 Panigale, however, takes on the same rivals. This includes the BMW S 1000 RR and the Kawasaki ZX-10R.