- 15 min ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 15 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 20 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 110 ABS Model Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 65,920
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Gets Trolled For Taking COVID-19 Vaccine, Netizens Ask 'Chacha Ki Umar Hogayi Kya?'
- News Coronavirus cases: India records 18,327 new COVID-19 infections in last 24 hours
- Technology Poco M3 Review: Got The Substance?
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2021: Virender Sehwag's ruthless 35-ball 80* guides India Legends to big win
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Top 3 Party-Perfect Dresses Of The Budding Fashionista From Roohi Promotions
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
- Finance Post office Account Changes That You Should Know
Ducati has launched the new Multistrada 950 S adventure-touring motorcycle in the Indian market. The 2020 Ducati Multistrada 950 S is priced at Rs 15.49 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new adventure-tourer features a host of changes over the previous model including the new BS6-compliant engine.
The company had announced the pre-launch bookings of the new Multistrada 950 S for a token amount of Rs 1 lakh. Ducati is offering the adventurer-tourer in two colour options: GP White and Ducati Red. However, the GP White paint scheme will be available only in 2021.
The Multistrada 950 S is powered by a 937cc, twin-cylinder, Testastretta 11° engine. It produces a maximum of 112bhp at 9000rpm and a peak torque of 96Nm at 7750rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox with slip-assist clutch and the brand's (DQS) Ducati Quick Shift bi-directional quick-shifter. According to the company, the new engine has maintenance intervals of 15,000km.
The design of the Multistrada 950 S is inspired by its elder sibling, the Multistrada 1260. The entry-level motorcycle uses similar horizontal twin LED headlamps along with cornering lights, the distinctive front beak design, knuckle guards and a tall windscreen. The Multistrada 950 S windscreen allows for one-handed vertical adjustment within a range of 60mm.
Ducati has given a new livery to the 2020 Multistrada 950 S that looks inspired by the brand's MotoGP bikes as well. The motorcycle features two 12 V power sockets, USB port and a 20-litre fuel tank, making it ideal for long journeys.
Suspension duties are handled by a 48mm semi-active (DSS) Ducati Skyhook Suspension fork at the front and a mono-shock unit at the rear. Both suspensions can be controlled electronically.
According to the company, the motorcycle features 400 different configurations to ensure the right setting to suit the rider. The motorcycle also features a lighter double-sided swingarm, making the motorcycle more agile as compared to the previous model.
Braking on both motorcycles is done via dual discs with radially-mounted callipers at the front and a single disc with a two-piston calliper at the rear. Both units are sourced from Brembo with the ABS 9.1ME unit from Bosch. The adventure-motorcycle features 19-inch front and 17-inch alloy wheels shod with Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyres.
The Multistrada 950 S features a 5-inch TFT colour display for the instrument console along with four configurable riding modes: Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro. Users can control all motorcycle's electronic rider aid with the help of switchgear and the TFT console.
The electronic package includes Bosch Cornering ABS, Ducati Traction Control (DTC), Vehicle Hold Control (VHC) and cruise control system; among others. The Multistrada 950 S is compatible with the (DMS) Ducati Multimedia System.
Mr Bipul Chandra, Managing Director of Ducati India said, "The Multistrada 950 S is a perfect design amalgamation of the bigger Multistradas which has led to the creation of a bike with typical Multistrada shapes which is at the same time, compact, and not just visibly. The Multistrada family has gained immense popularity in India considering the growing popularity of long-distance touring and our idea behind the new Multistrada 950 S is to make Sports touring more accessible, allowing riders to explore the beautiful terrain that India has to offer."
Thoughts About The Ducati Multistrada 950 S Launched In India
Ducati has brought in a more hardcore version of the Multistrada 950 in the form of its ‘S' variant. Despite being the brand's entry-level adventure-touring motorcycle, the Multistrada 950 S comes packed with a host of features and electronic rider aid, to instil confidence to the rider.