- 2 min ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 14 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 14 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- 15 hrs ago Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- News Coronavirus: India records 86,052 new cases in last 24 hours; Tally nears 5.9 million
- Movies Salman Khan Wishes Singer SP Balasubrahmanyam A Speedy Recovery With An Emotional Post
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Sports IPL 2020: RCB skipper Virat Kohli fined, reprimanded for slow over rate against KXIP
- Finance Gold Prices At 2-Month Low: Buy Opportunity Is Nearing Say Experts
- Education NEET SS Result 2020: How To Check NEET SS 2020 Results
- Technology Amazon Shutterbug Deals On Camera Devices: Discount Offers On Cameras
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Detel has launched a new electric scooter called the Easy in the Indian market. The electric moped is available in a single variant and retails at Rs 19,999 (plus the GST). The Easy e-scooter is primarily aimed at last-mile connectivity and fleet operators.
The Detel easy is available in three colour options: Jet Black, Pearl White and Metallic Red. It is among the most affordable electric scooter to launch in the country. Customers can purchase the scooter online via the brand's official website or b2badda.com partner site as well.
Further to enhance the purchase and ownership experience, the company has partnered with Bajaj Finserv to provide EMI finance schemes to its customers. The most affordable e-scooter becomes easier to own with finance schemes, which will make for easy EV adaption.
Speaking about the scooter itself, the newly launched Detel Easy e-scooter features a utilitarian design to help with load carrying. This includes a basket at the front, a raised rider seat, a flat pillion seat and a backrest as well.
The flat seat can also take in luggage and box to help delivery executives and fleet operators. It also features LED lighting on the entire scooter along with a fully-digital instrument console. It provides a clear indication of the charge left in the scooter.
Moving to the electric powertrain of the scooter, it features a 250W hub-mounted electric motor. It comes paired to a 48V 12AH LiFePO4 battery. According to the company, the Easy scooter features a range of 60 kilometres from a single charge. The battery takes between 7 and 8 hours for a full charge.
The scooter can accelerate to a top speed of 25 km per hour. As a result, customers don't need to own a driving license or vehicle registration to use the Detel Easy scooter. Additionally, if the scooter runs out of charge it also features a pedal system connected to the rear wheel using a chain drive as well.
The scooter features a telescopic fork at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. Braking is done via drum brakes at both ends. The company is also offering a free helmet to ensure the safety of the riders.
Yogesh Bhatia, Founder & CEO, Detel says, "We are extremely happy to announce the launch of our World's Most Economical DetelEV Two-Wheeler. The EV industry in India is emerging on account of various factors such as the growing awareness toward the environment, increasing petrol prices, and stringent emission norms, etc."
He further added, "This addition in our portfolio will be our first step in our endeavour of reducing vehicular pollution in the cities and increase the penetration of EV as intended by the people and various state governments."
Thoughts About The Detel Easy Electric Moped Launched In India
Electric scooters catering to last-mile connectivity to travel short distance are becoming increasingly popular in the country. The Detel Easy cater to the same market and rival the recently launched Gemopai Miso and the Techo Electra Saathi. Its rivals are placed higher above the price bracket giving the Detel Easy a significant advantage.