- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 7 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- Sports Real Madrid sign Brazilian teenager Reinier Jesus from Flamengo
- News Controversy over birthplace of Saibaba resolved after Uddhav Thackeray hold meeting
- Movies SP Balasubrahmanyam To Sing A Special Track For Puneeth Rajkumar’s Maya Bazaar
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
On the Stage 9 of the Dakar 2020, Pablo Quintanilla riding for Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory team took the victory. He lead Toby Price (Red Bull KTM Factory) by two minutes in the special stage. However, Ricky Brabec still hold the lead in the overall standings after the Stage 9 of Dakar rally.
Ninth rally stage was held between Wadi ad-Dawasir and Haradh. The total race distance was 886 kilometers with 410 kilometers of Special stage. Ninth stage had an equal mix of sandy and soil terrain. However, the stage started with riders tackling the rocky and gravel terrain.
The race resumed after a day spent in remembering the hero and legend Paulo Goncalves. After the unfortunate incident with lead to the death of Hero Factory team rider, the team withdrew from the rest of the Dakar rally.
Sherco TVS Rally team had two riders Adrien Metge and Lorenzo Santolin who were still in contention for the overall standings before the ninth stage of the rally. However, Lorenzo Santolino has retired from the race suffering from pain because of movement while handling the bike. Spanish rider was 16th in the general standings, but because of the pain he has been taken under the wing of the medical team after 350 km.
While, Sherco TVS Rally team had some good news as Indian rally rider Harith Noah who is riding under the Dakar Experience programme, has registered his best ever finish yet. The Indian rider finished the ninth stage of the Dakar 2020 rally in 30th position. He was just 30 minutes behind the stage leader.
Adrien Metge completed Stage 9 of the rally in 19th position. The French rider stands 12th overall after the ninth stage of the Dakar rally. Metge is the only rider who is eligible for the overall standing for Sherco TVS Rally Team, which make his job that much harder.
Sherco TVS Rally Team Standing After Stage 9
12th Position - Adrien Metge
Overall Standings Bike Category After Stage 9
1st Position - Ricky Brabec (Monster Energy Honda)
2nd Position - Pablo Quintanilla (Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory)
3rd Position - Toby Price (Red Bull KTM Factory)
Thoughts About The 2020 Dakar Stage 9
As we near the end of 2020 Dakar with three more stages to go Sherco TVS Rally team has lost one more rider out of the overall standings. This year's rally has been tough on some and much more on others. We hope Sherco TVS rally team make it to the finish of the 2020 Dakar rally. While, in this mix Harith Noah's ride on Stage 9 becomes a commendable one.