- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 2 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 3 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Sports FIFA details $5M handed to players claiming unpaid salaries
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Movies Nick Jonas Spills A Bedroom Secret Of Him And Wife Priyanka Chopra And Its Unmissable
- News Major Opposition parties write to PM Modi, demand free mass vaccination, suspension of Central Vista project
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
On the Stage 5 of Dakar rally, Toby Price (Red Bull KTM Factory Team) outclassed Kevin Benavides and Ignacio Cornejo of Monster Energy Honda team, who started the stage ahead of the KTM rider. Toby Price took a comfortable victory on the fifth stage of the Dakar rally, and is now placed 2nd in overall ranking.
Fifth rally stage was held between Al-`Ula and Ha'il. The total race distance was 564 kilometers with 353 kilometers of Special stage. The fifth stage started with a mix of soil and rocky terrain continuing from fourth stage. However, halfway through the special stage riders had to tackle the sandy dunes which was missing from the previous two stages of the Dakar rally.
Stage 5 of the Dakar rally saw couple riders retire, including the 2017 Dakar winner Sam Sutherland (Red Bull KTM Racing Team). The British rider had a severe fall after 187 km into the special stage, and has injured his back and left shoulder.
Sherco TVS Rally team riders are showing a consistent performance so far. Lorenzo Santolin came on top of other two riders in the team to finish on 15th place. While, Adrien Metge managed to finish the fifth stage in a close 16th place. The French TVS Sherco rider, Johnny Aubert managed to complete Stage 5 in 25th position.
After Stage 5 because of their consistency so far in the rally, all three TVS Sherco riders have managed to hold their overall standings as well.
Our Indian rally rider Harith Noah also participated in the fifth stage of Dakar rally. While, he couldn't start the Stage 3 and will not be considered for overall rankings, he can still run the stages to get an experience under the new ‘Wild Card' programme. The Indian rally rider managed to finish Stage 5 of the Dakar rally 52 minutes behind the stage leader.
Meanwhile, C S Santosh has finished the fifth stage in the 37th position and managed to post his best stage result for 2020 Dakar. After a crash on Stage 1 of the rally rider refused to slow down and kept at it. He also mentioned that the Injured had was recovering and getting the strength back as well.
Paulo Goncalves, racing for Hero MotoSport factory team has managed another top 10 finish on the Stage 5. The Portuguese Veteran has managed to cover a lot of ground and is now placed in 59th position overall.
While the consistent German rider Sebastian Buhler, posted a 21st place finish on the Stage 5 of 2020 Dakar rally. The German rally rider is now ranked in 19th place overall. Hero MotoSport Rally team is recovering from the initial mishaps and coming back strong.
Fernando Alonso who is currently participating in Dakar 2020 racing for Toyota Gazoo Racing managed to finish the fifth stage in 7th position. The Spanish racing driver came down a few spots to place himself at 12 position in the overall standings after the fifth stage.
19th Position - Sebastian Buhler
39th Position - C S Santosh
59th Position - Paulo Goncalves
11th Position - Adrien Metge
15th Position - Lorenzo Santolin
17th Position - Johnny Aubert
1st Position - Ricky Brabec (Monster Energy Honda)
2nd Position - Toby Price (Red Bull KTM Factory)
3rd Position - Kevin Benavides (Monster Energy Honda)
Thoughts About The 2020 Dakar Stage 5
As the race progresses both Hero MotoSport and Sherco TVS are looking good and competitive with other world-class teams in the grid. While, the Sherco TVS is showing great consistency, Hero MotoSport has managed to come back strong recovering from all the Initial mishaps. Many riders including previous race winners retired with five stages of the rally completed, this showcases the difficulty level of the Dakar rally and the mindset of the riders who are still running with injuries. Things will only get interesting from now!