- 3 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 9 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 12 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- News With GDP growth at 7 yr low, FinMin says slowdown has bottomed out
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Suzuki BS6 motorcycle lineup unveiled at the Auto Expo 2020. Suzuki Motorcycle India has unveiled their entire range of BS6-compliant motorcycles & scooter, including the Burgman Street, Intruder, Gixxer Series and Gixxer SF series.
The Japanese motorcycle brand also showcased the BS6-compliant Access 125, which is already available in the Indian market as well. Here are the details of the entire lineup of BS6-compliant motorcycles showcased by Suzuki at the Auto Expo 2020.
Starting off with the Burgman Street, the BS6-compliant version of the maxi-scooter is said to go on sale during mid-February this year. Suzuki hasn't revealed any specifications of the Burgman Street yet, however, we expect it to carry forward an updated version of the same 124cc engine it currently uses.
Moving on to the Intruder, the cruiser offering from is expected to be introduced in the Indian market at a slightly later stage, compared to Burgman Street. We expect the BS6-compliant motorcycle to be introduced closer to the emissions deadline, alongside the launch of the Gixxer models.
The current Intruder motorcycle uses a 155cc single-cylinder engine, we expect this to be carried forward with an update. Although power and torque figures are yet to be confirmed, the power output might be slightly reduced.
The Suzuki Gixxer and Gixxer SF both motorcycles use the same 155cc engine, which powers the Intruder. This engine currently produces 14.1bhp and 14Nm of peak torque, mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Its larger siblings, the Gixxer 250 and Gixxer SF 250 are powered by a 249cc single-cylinder engine. It churns out 26.5bhp and 22Nm of peak torque. Suzuki Motorcycles has confirmed that the entire Gixxer series, consisting of both the 155cc and 250cc models will go on sale in the Indian market, sometime in mid-March 2020.
Thoughts On The BS6 Suzuki Bikes Unveiled At The Auto Expo 2020
The BS6-compliant Suzuki motorcycles are expected to be launched in the Indian market in the coming months, ahead of its deadline of April 2020. Suzuki is among the few motorcycle brands which have participated in this year's Auto Expo and have taken the opportunity to unveil their BS6 lineup.