- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News Schools to reopen in these states from Monday: Check list
- Sports Premier League: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool: Mane at the double as Kepa makes another howler
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Reflects Upon Life Before 40th Birthday, Shares A Glimpse Of Her Birthday Prep!
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Earlier this year, BMW Motorrad India had listed the R 18 Heritage Cruiser motorcycle on their official website. This indicated that the cruiser might be expected to go on sale in the Indian market very soon, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it had to be postponed.
Since the Government has eased up the lockdown, manufacturers have started doing their final tests of the vehicles. However, according to the latest report by Bikewale, the R 18 Heritage Cruiser motorcycle was recently spotted in India and it is here for customer preview events. The motorcycle will first be showcased in Gurgaon this month to a closed group of individuals and then it will then go to Chandigarh for a private preview before the company launches the cruiser in the country.
The BMW R 18 Cruiser is inspired by the iconic R5 model of the past and even carries forward a similar retro-design as well. The company is expected to launch two variants of the R 18 Cruiser: Standard and First Edition. The top-spec ‘First Edition' variant receives exclusive features such as pin-striping, historical tank emblem, leather belt and gloves, giving it the ultimate ‘old-school' charm.
The BMW R 18 comes loaded with a host of features and equipment such as LED headlamps, LED tail lights, LED indicators, three riding modes, automatic stability control, traction control, motor slip regulation and a large analogue instrument cluster and many more.
Mechanically, the BMW R 18 is powered by a 1,802cc air/oil-cooled two-cylinder boxer engine. It produces 90bhp of power at 4,750rpm and 158Nm of peak torque at 3,000rpm. The unit will come mated to a six-speed transmission.
The motorcycles use telescopic forks at the front and a central shock strut at the rear. Braking on the cruiser is handled by twin 300mm discs at the front and a single 300mm disc at the rear. The BMW R 18 rides on 19-inch wheels at the front and 16-inch wheels at the rear, with 120/70 and 180/65 tyre profiles, respectively.
Thoughts About The BMW Motorrad R 18 Heritage Cruiser Motorcycle
The BMW R 18 is the latest motorcycle offering from the German brand in the Indian market. However, the bookings for the R18 had already commenced a few weeks ago and we expect the motorcycle to launch somewhere around the festive season this year.