- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 9 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
BMW Motorrad has launched its latest R 18 Cruiser motorcycle in the Indian market. The new BMW R 18 Cruiser is offered in two variants: Standard and First-Edition and is priced at Rs 18.90 lakh and Rs 21.90 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
The BMW R 18 motorcycle is part of the brand's ‘Heritage' series and comes with the traditional cruiser-styling. It comes with comfortable ergonomics, with an upright seating position.
The motorcycle features the traditional double-cradle frame, teardrop-shaped fuel tank, mid-mounted footpegs, exposed driveshaft and paintwork with double pin-striping; all of which are reminiscent of its history.
This traditional design is then combined with modern features and equipment, including LED headlamps, LED DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), LED taillights and a circular instrument cluster with an integrated display screen.
The range-topping BMW R 18 First Edition version further comes with additional features and equipment. This includes adaptive headlights, First-Edition pack LED DRLs, ‘first-edition' chrome clasp on the side, seat badge, welcome box and a number of other exclusive insignia, lifestyle accessories and collectables.
The First-Edition model also features an exclusive ‘Blackstorm Metallic' paint scheme with elaborate pinstriping.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "The all-new BMW R 18 is BMW Motorrad's much-anticipated entry into the cruiser segment. Fans and motorcycling enthusiasts in India have been eagerly waiting for this day."
"The all-new BMW R 18 is a modern interpretation of motorcycling in its most authentic form. It seamlessly invokes the essence of the famous BMW Motorrad classics into the modern era while retaining a purist design. It delivers unadulterated riding fun with the biggest boxer engine ever built by BMW."
He further added, "Riders are in for a complete treat with the cruiser's presence, attitude and promise in equal measures. They know when you ride, emotion is all that matters, and the all-new BMW R 18 is set to win the heart and soul!"
The BMW R 18 Cruiser is powered by a newly-developed 1802cc air/oil-cooled two-cylinder boxer engine. It produces 91bhp at 4750rpm and 158Nm of torque at 3000rpm, paired with a six-speed transmission unit.
The suspension setup on the BMW R 18 is through telescopic forks at the front. Braking is handled by twin discs at the front, supported by ABS and dynamic brake control. The motorcycle is also packed with electronic rider aids, including three riding modes: Rain, Roll & Rock.
Other electronic aids on the BMW R 18 Cruiser include automatic stability control, dynamic engine brake control, hill-start control and keyless ride system.
Thoughts On The BMW R 18 Cruiser Motorcycle Launched In India
The BMW R 18 Cruiser is the latest entrant from the brand in the Indian market. The flagship cruiser motorcycle offering will be imported to India via the CBU route, with deliveries said to begin soon. The BMW R 18 Cruiser will rival the likes of the Triumph Rocket 3 in the Indian market.