- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
BMW Motorrad India has teased the launch of the R 18 cruiser motorcycle from its Heritage line-up of models. According to the teaser, the BMW R 18 motorcycle will be launched on September 19, 2020.
Ahead of its launch, the company has already listed the R 18 motorcycle on the Indian website revealing few of its details. BMW Motorrad will offer two variants of the motorcycle called the ‘Standard' and ‘First Edition'.
The First Edition model features a host of cosmetic change over the Standard variant. This includes various trims piece and components finished in chrome, pin-striping on tank and fenders, historical tank emblem, leather belt and gloves, and a ‘First Edition' badge placed on side air-box cover.
The BMW R 18 is powered by an air/oil-cooled, twin-cylinder 1,802cc two-cylinder in boxer configuration. It produces a maximum of 90bhp at 4,750rpm and a peak torque of 158Nm at 3,000rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission with power going to rear wheels via the brand's shaft-driven technology.
The BMW R 18 Cruiser is inspired by the iconic R5 model of the past and even carries forward a similar retro-design as well. This includes a round-shaped LED headlamp, a sculpted fuel tank, raised handlebar with circular rear-view mirrors and a single-pod semi-digital instrument cluster.
The dimension of the motorcycle read as 2440mm in length, 1232mm in height and 964mm in width along with a wheelbase of 1630mm. The rider seat height is set at 690mm and tips the scale 215kgs dry.
The BMW R 18 comes loaded with a host of features and electronic rider assistance. The cruiser motorcycle comes equipped with three riding modes, automatic stability control, traction control, motor slip regulation and more.
Suspension duties are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a central shock strut at the rear. Braking on the cruiser done via twin 300mm discs at the front and a single 300mm disc at the rear. The BMW R 18 rides on 19-inch and 16-inch spoked wheels at the front and rear, respectively.
Thoughts About The BMW R 18 India Launch Timeline Revealed
The BMW R 18 is a performance cruiser motorcycle that can cover miles quickly. To help with long-distance journeys, the motorcycle features a relaxed and laid-back riding position along with a host of electronic rider aids. Prices for the BMW R 18 is expected to be in the range of Rs 18 - 25 lakh, ex-showroom (India).