- 19 min ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 14 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 15 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- 16 hrs ago Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Movies Kamal Haasan Visits MGM Healthcare; Says ‘Can’t Say SP Balasubrahmanyam Is Doing Well’
- News 2 Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorist gunned down in J&K
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Sports IPL 2020: RCB skipper Virat Kohli fined, reprimanded for slow over rate against KXIP
- Finance Gold Prices At 2-Month Low: Buy Opportunity Is Nearing Say Experts
- Technology Amazon Shutterbug Deals On Camera Devices: Discount Offers On Cameras
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
BMW Motorrad India has teased the launch of the R 18 cruiser motorcycle from its Heritage line-up of models. According to the teaser, the BMW R 18 motorcycle will be launched on September 19, 2020.
Ahead of its launch, the company has already listed the R 18 motorcycle on the Indian website revealing few of its details. BMW Motorrad will offer two variants of the motorcycle called the ‘Standard' and ‘First Edition'.
The First Edition model features a host of cosmetic change over the Standard variant. This includes various trims piece and components finished in chrome, pin-striping on tank and fenders, historical tank emblem, leather belt and gloves, and a ‘First Edition' badge placed on side air-box cover.
The BMW R 18 is powered by an air/oil-cooled, twin-cylinder 1,802cc two-cylinder in boxer configuration. It produces a maximum of 90bhp at 4,750rpm and a peak torque of 158Nm at 3,000rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission with power going to rear wheels via the brand's shaft-driven technology.
The BMW R 18 Cruiser is inspired by the iconic R5 model of the past and even carries forward a similar retro-design as well. This includes a round-shaped LED headlamp, a sculpted fuel tank, raised handlebar with circular rear-view mirrors and a single-pod semi-digital instrument cluster.
The dimension of the motorcycle read as 2440mm in length, 1232mm in height and 964mm in width along with a wheelbase of 1630mm. The rider seat height is set at 690mm and tips the scale 215kgs dry.
The BMW R 18 comes loaded with a host of features and electronic rider assistance. The cruiser motorcycle comes equipped with three riding modes, automatic stability control, traction control, motor slip regulation and more.
Suspension duties are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a central shock strut at the rear. Braking on the cruiser done via twin 300mm discs at the front and a single 300mm disc at the rear. The BMW R 18 rides on 19-inch and 16-inch spoked wheels at the front and rear, respectively.
Thoughts About The BMW R 18 India Launch Timeline Revealed
The BMW R 18 is a performance cruiser motorcycle that can cover miles quickly. To help with long-distance journeys, the motorcycle features a relaxed and laid-back riding position along with a host of electronic rider aids. Prices for the BMW R 18 is expected to be in the range of Rs 18 - 25 lakh, ex-showroom (India).