- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
BMW Motorrad India has teased the launch of the R 18 cruiser motorcycle from its Heritage line-up of models. According to the teaser, the BMW R 18 motorcycle will be launched on September 19, 2020.
Ahead of its launch, the company has already listed the R 18 motorcycle on the Indian website revealing few of its details. BMW Motorrad will offer two variants of the motorcycle called the ‘Standard' and ‘First Edition'.
The First Edition model features a host of cosmetic change over the Standard variant. This includes various trims piece and components finished in chrome, pin-striping on tank and fenders, historical tank emblem, leather belt and gloves, and a ‘First Edition' badge placed on side air-box cover.
The BMW R 18 is powered by an air/oil-cooled, twin-cylinder 1,802cc two-cylinder in boxer configuration. It produces a maximum of 90bhp at 4,750rpm and a peak torque of 158Nm at 3,000rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission with power going to rear wheels via the brand's shaft-driven technology.
The BMW R 18 Cruiser is inspired by the iconic R5 model of the past and even carries forward a similar retro-design as well. This includes a round-shaped LED headlamp, a sculpted fuel tank, raised handlebar with circular rear-view mirrors and a single-pod semi-digital instrument cluster.
The dimension of the motorcycle read as 2440mm in length, 1232mm in height and 964mm in width along with a wheelbase of 1630mm. The rider seat height is set at 690mm and tips the scale 215kgs dry.
The BMW R 18 comes loaded with a host of features and electronic rider assistance. The cruiser motorcycle comes equipped with three riding modes, automatic stability control, traction control, motor slip regulation and more.
Suspension duties are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a central shock strut at the rear. Braking on the cruiser done via twin 300mm discs at the front and a single 300mm disc at the rear. The BMW R 18 rides on 19-inch and 16-inch spoked wheels at the front and rear, respectively.
Thoughts About The BMW R 18 India Launch Timeline Revealed
The BMW R 18 is a performance cruiser motorcycle that can cover miles quickly. To help with long-distance journeys, the motorcycle features a relaxed and laid-back riding position along with a host of electronic rider aids. Prices for the BMW R 18 is expected to be in the range of Rs 18 - 25 lakh, ex-showroom (India).