- 49 min ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- Movies Eid Mubarak 2020: Mahesh Babu, Chiranjeevi & Other Wish Fans On Eid-Al-Fitr
- News Cyclone Amphan: Kolkata residents continue to stage protest to restore power, water supply
- Sports La Liga boss wants June 11 Seville derby to restart season
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
BMW Motorrad India has listed the recently unveiled R 18 Heritage Cruiser motorcycle in their official website. This indicates that the cruiser might be expected to go on sale in the Indian market very soon.
The final production-spec version of the cruiser was unveiled earlier this month. The BMW R 18 Cruiser is inspired by the iconic R5 model of the past and even carries forward a similar retro-design as well.
BMW Motorrad has also revealed all the details of the R 18 Cruiser motorcycle on their website. The company has listed both variants of the R 18 Cruiser: Standard and First Edition. The top-spec ‘First Edition' variant receives exclusive features such as pin-striping, historical tank emblem, leather belt and gloves, giving it the ultimate ‘old-school' charm.
At the heart of the BMW R 18 is a 1,802cc air/oil-cooled two-cylinder boxer engine. It produces 90bhp at 4,750rpm and 158Nm of peak torque at 3,000rpm, mated to a six-speed transmission.
The motorcycles use telescopic forks at the front and a central shock strut at the rear for suspension duties. Braking on the cruiser is handled by twin 300mm discs at the front and a single 300mm disc at the rear. The BMW R 18 rides on 19-inch wheels at the front and 16-inch wheels at the rear, with 120/70 and 180/65 tyre profiles, respectively.
The BMW R 18 comes loaded with a host of features and equipment. This includes both electrical, cosmetic and rider assists as well. Some of the features on the R 18 Cruiser include LED headlamps, LED tail lights, LED indicators, three riding modes, automatic stability control, traction control, motor slip regulation and a large analogue instrument cluster; among others.
Thoughts About The BMW R 18 India Launch
The BMW R 18 is the latest motorcycle offering from the German brand in the Indian market. Prices for the BMW R 18 is expected to be in the range of Rs 18 - 25 lakh, ex-showroom (India). However, exact pricing details will be announced at the time of launch.