- 20 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Sports PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at Khelo India Winter Games opening ceremony
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Lifestyle 7 Signs That Will Tell You If He Isn’t Interest In A Second Date With You
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
BMW Motorrad India has listed the recently unveiled R 18 Heritage Cruiser motorcycle in their official website. This indicates that the cruiser might be expected to go on sale in the Indian market very soon.
The final production-spec version of the cruiser was unveiled earlier this month. The BMW R 18 Cruiser is inspired by the iconic R5 model of the past and even carries forward a similar retro-design as well.
BMW Motorrad has also revealed all the details of the R 18 Cruiser motorcycle on their website. The company has listed both variants of the R 18 Cruiser: Standard and First Edition. The top-spec ‘First Edition' variant receives exclusive features such as pin-striping, historical tank emblem, leather belt and gloves, giving it the ultimate ‘old-school' charm.
At the heart of the BMW R 18 is a 1,802cc air/oil-cooled two-cylinder boxer engine. It produces 90bhp at 4,750rpm and 158Nm of peak torque at 3,000rpm, mated to a six-speed transmission.
The motorcycles use telescopic forks at the front and a central shock strut at the rear for suspension duties. Braking on the cruiser is handled by twin 300mm discs at the front and a single 300mm disc at the rear. The BMW R 18 rides on 19-inch wheels at the front and 16-inch wheels at the rear, with 120/70 and 180/65 tyre profiles, respectively.
The BMW R 18 comes loaded with a host of features and equipment. This includes both electrical, cosmetic and rider assists as well. Some of the features on the R 18 Cruiser include LED headlamps, LED tail lights, LED indicators, three riding modes, automatic stability control, traction control, motor slip regulation and a large analogue instrument cluster; among others.
Thoughts About The BMW R 18 India Launch
The BMW R 18 is the latest motorcycle offering from the German brand in the Indian market. Prices for the BMW R 18 is expected to be in the range of Rs 18 - 25 lakh, ex-showroom (India). However, exact pricing details will be announced at the time of launch.