- 1 hr ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- News Rajasthan crisis: CLP passes resolution supporting Ashok Gehlot-led govt
- Technology Intel Thunderbolt 4 Universal Dock Officially Announced: What Caught Our Attention?
- Sports England's batting still their nemesis: Nasser Hussain
- Movies Amitabh And Abhishek Bachchan Clinically Stable; Do Not Require Aggressive Treatment For COVID-19
- Finance Nifty Ends Higher, Bank Nifty Slumps
- Lifestyle Mouni Roy, Swara Bhasker Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Light Ethnic Suit Will You Pick For Casual Function?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
BMW Motorrad has just unveiled the production-spec version of its latest cruiser motorcycle offering, the R 18. The all-new BMW R 18 cruiser from the German brand has been in the works for a long time, with its concept version showcased last year.
The new production-spec version of the new BMW R 18 cruiser clearly borrows its design inspiration from the brand's classic R5 model. The BMW R 18 cruiser features the same retro-modern design with the large tear-drop fuel tank, however, features all the modern technology; along with the latest 1800cc boxer engine.
The new BMW R 18 Cruiser is offered in a range of two variants: Standard & First Edition. The special ‘First Edition' variant will feature a host of exclusive touches, reminiscent of the R5 classic. This includes the pin-striping, historical tank emblem, leather belt, slotted screws and gloves; all of which give it the ‘old-school' charm.
The BMW R 18 Cruiser comes with a wheelbase of 1,731mm, making it a large motorcycle. In comparison, the new cruiser from BMW is longer than the Honda Gold Wing. The R 18 weighs in at 345kg, making it 23kg heavier than its rival, the Harley-Davidson Fat Boy.
Apart from the retro-themed visuals of the BMW R 18, everything else is modern. This includes the long list of electronics available on the motorcycle. Some of the most important features on offer include three riding modes, Automatic Stability Control, Motor Slip Regulation, Traction Control and ABS.
The BMW R 18 also comes with LED lighting all around, including the headlamps, taillights, DRLs and turn indicators. The motorcycle features a large analogue instrument cluster with a small digital display.
Finally coming to the heart of the matter, the BMW R 18 is powered by a 1802cc boxer engine. It produces 91bhp at 4,750rpm and 149Nm of torque between 2000 to 4000rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed transmission, with an optional electric motor driven reverse gear. Also, inspired by the R5 classic, the new BMW R 18 cruiser also comes with an exposed shaft drive.
Thoughts On The BMW R 18 Cruiser Motorcycle
The BMW R 18 is a full-blown heavyweight cruiser offering from the German brand. BMW Motorrad currently has no plans of bringing the motorcycle to the Indian market. However, if it does come to India, the motorcycle will be introduced as a CBU and in limited numbers.