- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 6 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 7 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 8 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
BMW Motorrad has launched the BS6-compliant versions of its entry-level offerings, the G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles in the Indian market. The new BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BS6 motorcycles are priced at Rs 2.45 lakh and Rs 2.85 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
Bookings for both the BS6-compliant motorcycles have begun across the country, with deliveries said to begin soon. The new BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS BS6 models come with a number of cosmetic updates, along with a few added features as well, which combined with the slightly lower price tag (compared to its older BS4 versions), definitely makes it a more attractive offering in the segment.
Some of the added features on the BS6 iterations include new LED headlamp units, LED turn signals and LED taillights. Both motorcycles also come with new body graphics and slightly revised body panels as well. The motorcycles also come with a new set of paint schemes as well, making the motorcycles more attractive than before.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said,
"Globally, BMW Motorrad has created a distinct position for itself in the fast-growing sub-500 cc segment with both BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS. For thousands of riders and enthusiasts, the BMW G 310 R has redefined pure urban motorcycling for everyday life. For those looking for adventure and fun, BMW G 310 GS has provided the perfect reason to take the off-beat track."
He further added, "In their new avatar, both motorcycles feature striking design modifications, new technology and enhanced riding dynamics. We have launched both bikes at an extremely attractive pricing, incredible EMIs and reduced cost of ownership. It is an enthralling invitation to become part of the close-knit and passionate BMW Motorrad community."
The BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS now come powered by a BS6-compliant version of the same 312cc single-cylinder water-cooled engine. It produces 34bhp at 9500rpm and 28Nm of torque at 7500rpm and is paired with a six-speed gearbox. The brand claims that the motorcycles are capable of accelerating from 0 - 50km/h in just 2.5 seconds while reaching a top speed of 143km/h.
BMW Motorrad has also offered both the G 310 R and G 310 GS with ride-by-wire technology, along with other features such as slipper-clutch and dual-channel ABS. Both motorcycles also use golden USD forks at the front and an aluminium swingarm suspension setup at the rear. Braking is handled by discs at both ends.
Thoughts On The BS6-Compliant BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Motorcycles
The BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BS6 motorcycles are the entry-level offerings from the German manufacturer. The BMW G 310 R rivals the likes of the KTM Duke 390, Bajaj Dominar 400 and the TVS Apache RR310, while the G 310 GS takes on the KTM 390 Adventure and the Royal Enfield Himalayan.