- 1 hr ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant To Launch Soon In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 3 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- News 20% beds in private hospitals for COVID-19 Patients: Kejriwal
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sports Balbir Singh Sr passes away: Virat Kohli, Abhinav Bindra, Amit Shah condole
- Movies Eid-Ul-Fitr 2020: Dipika Kakar, Sana Khan, Neha Kakkar, And Others Wish Fans Eid Mubarak
- Lifestyle Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Sonakshi Sinha, Mahira Khan, And Other Divas Who Have Red Ethnic Outfits For Us
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
BMW Motorrad has launched the F 900 R and F 900 XR in the Indian market. The new BMW F 900 R naked roadster and the BMW F 900 XR adventure Sport tourer are priced at Rs 9.90 lakh and Rs 10.50 lakh, respectively. The BMW F 900 XR is further offered in two variants: Standard and Pro, with the top-spec variant priced at Rs 11.5 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Both motorcycles will be positioned below their respective litre-class siblings, the S 1000 R and S 1000 XR. The BMW F 900 R will take on rivals such as the KTM 790 Duke and the Triumph Street Triple RS while the F 900 XR will rival the likes of the Ducati Multistrada 950 and the upcoming Triumph Tiger 900.
BMW Motorrad has started accepting bookings for both motorcycles across all their dealerships in India, starting today. The two new middle-weight motorcycles from the German brand will be imported into India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route.
Arlindo Teixeira, acting President, BMW Group India said,
"BMW Motorrad has brought the world's finest premium motorcycles to India and created a distinct place for itself among motorcycling enthusiasts. With the introduction of the dynamic duo - the all-new BMW F 900 R and the all-new BMW F 900 XR - BMW Motorrad is set to redefine and captivate the popular mid-range segment in India at a truly attractive value proposition. The dynamic roadster BMW F 900 R is a precise and intuitive bike offering purist riding fun at all times."
"The adventure sports tourer BMW F 900 XR's unique performance combined with powerful design interprets long-distance riding in a distinctive and future-oriented style of a genuine XR. The sporty riding fun, straightforward handling and a unique range of equipment options on both these bikes will be a value-added package for the ultimate thrill-seekers."
Both motorcycles come powered by the same 895cc parallel-twin engine. It produces 105bhp at 8500rpm and 92Nm of torque at 6500rpm, paired with a six-speed gearbox. The engine is a re-bored version of the older F 750 GS and F 850 GS models available previously.
BMW Motorrad claims that the naked sportster is capable of doing a 0 - 100km/h in 3.7 seconds, while the BMW F 900 XR is capable of doing the same sprint in 3.6 seconds. Other changes between the two motorcycles include the fuel tank capacity, wherein the XR comes with a larger 15-litre tank, compared to the R's smaller 13-litre capacity.
Being an adventure sport tourer, the BMW F 900 XR also comes with more suspension travel. The 900 XR features 170mm travel at the front and 172mm at the rear. In comparison, the BMW F 900 R gets 135mm and 142mm travel at the front and rear, respectively.
Common features on both motorcycles include a 6.5-inch TFT screen with Bluetooth connectivity, traction control, two riding modes (Rain & Road), LED headlights, bi-directional quickshifter, cruise control, cornering lights, dynamic ESA and keyless ignition; among others.
Both motorcycles are also offered in a choice of two colour schemes each. The BMW F 900 R comes with a choice of Black Storm Metallic and Style Sport Hockenheim Silver Metallic/Racing Red. The BMW F 900 XR, on the other hand, is offered in either Light White or Style Sport Racing Red paint schemes.
Thoughts About The BMW F 900 R & F 900 XR Motorcycles In India
The two 900cc motorcycles fill the void for BMW Motorrad in the middle-weight segment. Both motorcycles come with sharp styling, combined with powerful engines and a host of features, which at around Rs 10 lakh, makes it an extremely attractive offering.