- 39 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- News Declare Marathi-speaking Karnataka-Maharashtra border areas as UT: Uddhav
- Movies 32 Years Of Ram Lakhan: Jackie Shroff Calls The Film 'Iconic'; Says 'It's A Milestone Of My Career'
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
The two-wheeler sales report for the month of October 2020 has been released. As per reports, the Hero Splendor and the Honda Activa continue to be the best-selling bike and scooter in the Indian market for yet another month, respectively. Also, the arrival of the festive season in October further helped improve sales of two-wheelers in the Indian market.
The Hero Splendor continued its run of being the best-selling two-wheeler in the country for yet another month. The commuter-level motorcycle registered sales of a little over 3.15 lakh; an increase of around 35,000 units compared to its sales in the previous month of September.
Following the Hero Splendor is the Honda Activa in second position. The Honda Activa continued to be in the second position, taking the title of India's best-selling scooter. The Activa offered in both 110cc and 125cc format has registered sales of around 2.40 lakh units, This, however, is a slight decline compared to its sales in September, when it sold 2.57 lakh units.
The Hero HF Deluxe, another commuter motorcycle offering from Hero MotoCorp is positioned in third place with 2,33,061 units of sales. The HF Deluxe is also a regular name in the top-three two-wheelers sales month-on-month.
The Bajaj Pulsar series which range from the 125 to the 220F take the fourth slot on the list. The Bajaj Pulsar range has registered 1.38 lakh units of sales to overtake the Honda CB Shine model from last month. The Pulsar range has grown drastically by almost 36,000 units compared to the previous month.
Completing the top-five is the Honda CB Shine, the premium commuter motorcycle offering from the Japanese manufacturer. The CB Shine has lost out a position to the Bajaj Pulsar range after managing sales of 1.18 lakh units in October 2020. However, this is almost identical to its registered sales figure in the previous month of September.
|3||Hero HF Deluxe||2,33,061|
|5||Honda CB Shine||1,18,547|
|6||TVS XL Moped||80,268|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
The TVS XL100 comes in the sixth position with sales of a little over 80,000 units. The Xl100 has been on sale in India for probably the longest period and still manages to bring in consistent volume month-on-month. The XL100 sales have actually even surpassed that of the Hero Glamour, which was positioned in sixth in September.
The Hero Glamour and Passion commuter offerings come in seventh and eighth position, respectively. The Hero Glamour registered 78,439 units of sales while the Passion recorded 75,540 units of sales during the month of October 2020.
The TVS Jupiter scooter and the Bajaj Platina occupy the last two positions on the list. The TVS Jupiter is only the second scooter to be present in the top-10, registering a little over 74,000 units of sales. The Bajaj Platina commuter motorcycle completes the top-10 with 60,967 units of sales.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For October 2020
The Hero Splendor and the Honda Activa continue their dominant run in the bikes and scooter segment, respectively. Both companies have already announced that the month of November has already started off with a positive note, thanks to the festive season. Hence, it will be interesting to see how the list varies for the month of November 2020.