- 2 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Remembers The Day She Was Conferred The Padma Shri: Says It Gave Her Family Pride
- News 10 States have almost 77 per cent of active coronavirus caseload in country: Centre to SC
- Sports India vs Australia, 1st ODI: Smith was a different class altogether: Aus skipper Aaron Finch
- Technology Huami Amazfit GTS 2 mini Launch Tipped For December 1
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Hero Splendor Plus has registered the highest sales to become the best-selling bike in India in the previous financial year (FY 2019-2020). Hero MotoCorp occupy three of the top-five spots on the list as well, with the Hero HF Deluxe and the Glamour motorcycles coming in second and fourth, respectively.
The Hero Splendor Plus took the top honours, after registering the highest sales of 20.63 lakh units during the previous financial year of 2019-20. However, this is still a massive decline of over 31 per cent compared to the FY 2018-19 when the commuter motorcycle registered a much higher 30 lakh units of sales. This is a massive difference of over 9.40 lakh units of sales between the two years.
Following the Splendor Plus is yet another Hero MotoCorp offering, the HF Deluxe. This is yet another commuter-bike offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Hero HF Deluxe although in the second spot, fared much better in terms of sales, registering just a 5 per cent decline in FY 2020. The Hero HF Deluxe registered 20.51 lakh units of sales, which is a drop from 21.60 lakh units during FY 2019.
The Honda CB Shine comes in third on the list. The CB Shine is a slightly premium commuter motorcycle offering in the brand's lineup. The CB Shine managed to register 9.48 lakh units of sales in FY 2020, which is a drop around 4 per cent compared to FY 2019 when the bike registered a slightly higher 9.90 lakh units of sales.
|Rank||Motorcycle||FY 2020||FY 2019||Growth (%)|
|1||Hero Splendor Plus||20,63,148||30,05,620||-31.36|
|2||Hero HF Deluxe||20,50,974||21,68,740||-5.43|
|3||Honda CB Shine||9,48,384||9,90,315||-4.23|
The bottom two on the list are the Hero Glamour and the Bajaj Platina motorcycles. The Hero Glamour registered a 20 per cent decline in sales between FY 2019 and FY 2020; dropping from 7.55 lakh to 6.02 lakh units of sales.
The Bajaj Platina registered a close 5.7 lakh units of sales in FY 2020. This is after a 7.7 per cent drop in sales in FY 2019 when Bajaj Auto registered a slightly higher sales of 6.26 lakh units.
Thoughts About The Hero Splendor Plus Being The Best-Selling Bike In FY 2020
Hero MotoCorp is the country's largest two-wheeler manufacturer and the Splendor motorcycle has always been their best-selling model for a long time. Hence it is no surprise that the Splendor Plus has yet again managed to retain the title of the ‘best-selling bike in India' for yet another year.