- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 8 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Hero Splendor Plus has registered the highest sales to become the best-selling bike in India in the previous financial year (FY 2019-2020). Hero MotoCorp occupy three of the top-five spots on the list as well, with the Hero HF Deluxe and the Glamour motorcycles coming in second and fourth, respectively.
The Hero Splendor Plus took the top honours, after registering the highest sales of 20.63 lakh units during the previous financial year of 2019-20. However, this is still a massive decline of over 31 per cent compared to the FY 2018-19 when the commuter motorcycle registered a much higher 30 lakh units of sales. This is a massive difference of over 9.40 lakh units of sales between the two years.
Following the Splendor Plus is yet another Hero MotoCorp offering, the HF Deluxe. This is yet another commuter-bike offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Hero HF Deluxe although in the second spot, fared much better in terms of sales, registering just a 5 per cent decline in FY 2020. The Hero HF Deluxe registered 20.51 lakh units of sales, which is a drop from 21.60 lakh units during FY 2019.
The Honda CB Shine comes in third on the list. The CB Shine is a slightly premium commuter motorcycle offering in the brand's lineup. The CB Shine managed to register 9.48 lakh units of sales in FY 2020, which is a drop around 4 per cent compared to FY 2019 when the bike registered a slightly higher 9.90 lakh units of sales.
|Rank||Motorcycle||FY 2020||FY 2019||Growth (%)|
|1||Hero Splendor Plus||20,63,148||30,05,620||-31.36|
|2||Hero HF Deluxe||20,50,974||21,68,740||-5.43|
|3||Honda CB Shine||9,48,384||9,90,315||-4.23|
The bottom two on the list are the Hero Glamour and the Bajaj Platina motorcycles. The Hero Glamour registered a 20 per cent decline in sales between FY 2019 and FY 2020; dropping from 7.55 lakh to 6.02 lakh units of sales.
The Bajaj Platina registered a close 5.7 lakh units of sales in FY 2020. This is after a 7.7 per cent drop in sales in FY 2019 when Bajaj Auto registered a slightly higher sales of 6.26 lakh units.
Thoughts About The Hero Splendor Plus Being The Best-Selling Bike In FY 2020
Hero MotoCorp is the country's largest two-wheeler manufacturer and the Splendor motorcycle has always been their best-selling model for a long time. Hence it is no surprise that the Splendor Plus has yet again managed to retain the title of the ‘best-selling bike in India' for yet another year.