- 32 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Sports PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at Khelo India Winter Games opening ceremony
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Benelli India is all set to introduce the Imperiale 400 BS6 model in the Indian market soon. The motorcycle was launched last year and came with an introductory price tag of Rs 1.69 lakh. This was later increased to Rs 1.79 lakh after the end of the introductory period. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, according to reports from ZigWheels, the BS6-compliant version of the Benelli Imperiale 400 is expected to receive a massive price hike of up to Rs 40,000. Reports suggest that the BS6 Imperiale 400 could be introduced in the market with a price tag of around Rs 2.20 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The reason for the steep price hike from the motorcycle manufacturer is said to be due to the high currency exchange rates.
The motorcycle is expected to launch in the Indian market a month after the current COVID-19 lockdown. The nationwide lockdown in India started on the 24th of March 2020 and was supposed to end 21-days later on the 14th of April. However, with the number of COVID-19 cases in India, still on the rise, the central government extended the lockdown period until the 3rd of May 2020.
Coming back to the Benelli Imperiale 400, the changes on the motorcycle is expected to be concentrated on the BS6 update alone, with little to no other changes expected. The motorcycles will use an updated version of the same 374cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine with fuel-injection technology. The BS4 model produced 21bhp and 29Nm of torque.
We expect the BS6 update to also offer the same power and torque figures. The engine will continue to be mated to the same five-speed gearbox. Although, even if there is any change in power and torque figures on the BS6-compliant model, we expect it to be minimal.
Thoughts On The Benelli Imperiale 400 BS6 Pricing In India
The Benelli Imperiale 400 brought in a freshness to the 350cc cruiser segment, which was until then crowded with Royal Enfield models. The low pricing was also another major factor, which made it an interesting model in the segment. However, if the price of the Imperiale 400 increases by around Rs 40,000; there is a good chance it might shoo away a number of interested buyers.