- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Denies Rumor Of Selling Passenger Vehicle Business
- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq TSI India Launch Delayed: Will Arrive In 2021
- 4 hrs ago Honda Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In August 2020
- Movies Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Actor Sameer Sharma Allegedly Passed Away By Suicide
- Sports IPL 2020: Ness Wadia says one positive case and tournament could be doomed
- Finance RBI Expects GDP To Be Negative For 2020-21
- Technology OnePlus Nord Gets Oxygen OS Update; New Features To Check Out
- Lifestyle Made In Heaven And Raat Akeli Hai Actress Shivani Raghuvanshi’s Distinctive Fashion Game Decoded
- News RBI Monetary Policy: RBI keeps repo rate unchanged; Here are the Highlights
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Bajaj Auto and Triumph Motorcycles have officially begun their long term, exciting, non-equity partnership. The partnership was made official at an event held at Pune.
The new alliance will see Bajaj and Triumph collaborate to design, engineer, and manufacture a new range of mid capacity motorcycles.
Triumph Motorcycles will use this partnership to expand its global reach, and will gain an entry in to several high volume markets in India and other Asian markets. The company says they will use this new found alliance to create mid-sized sector opportunities.
The strategic partnership will allow for Bajaj to become Triumph's key distribution partner in crucial new markets for the British motorcycle brand, across the globe.
Bajaj will also take over Triumph's domestic distribution activities, leveraging the expertise that Bajaj has in this area. Bajaj will also represent Triumph at key overseas markets where the Indian manufacturer is already present. Bajaj will offer the new mid capacity motorcycles as part of the full Triumph line-up.
Triumph will also induct the new motorcycle across market that the brand is present in. The partnership will truly unlock the company's potential on a global scale.
The Triumph Bajaj collaboration will use strengths from both companies in terms of design, technology, cost-competitive manufacturing and an intimate knowledge of key target markets to deliver a range of new and exciting products.
The partnership will result in a new engine and vehicle platform in the mid-capacity range (200- 750cc), and offer multiple models to address different segments in this class.
The partnership announced that they plan to launch a 200cc motorcycle that will be priced under the Rs 2 lakh mark. This will allow for Triumph to penetrate the 200cc segment, which is currently dominated by Bajaj. It will also allow for Triumph to compete in volume segments of the global motorcycle market.
Mr Nick Bloor, the Chief Executive Officer at Triumph Motorcycles said, "This is an important partnership for Triumph and I am delighted that it has now formally commenced."
"As well as taking our brand into crucial new territories, the products that will come out of the partnership will also help attract a younger, but still discerning, customer audience and is another step in our ambitions to expand globally, particularly in the fast-growing markets of South East Asia, but also driving growth in more mature territories like Europe," he added.
Mr Rajiv Bajaj, the Managing Director at Bajaj Auto India, said, "The Triumph brand is an iconic one the world over. So, we are confident that there will be a huge appetite in India and other emerging markets for these new products."
"We look forward to working alongside such a famous motorcycle company and to leveraging each others strengths and expertise to make the relationship a success for everyone," he added.
Thoughts About The Triumph Bajaj Partnership Officially Beginning
Congratulations to Triumph and Bajaj. This is the beginning of an exciting time. One could expect the first motorcycle to roll out as quick as the end of the year. We are certainly looking forward to all the new Triumph Bajaj products.