- 4 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 21 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 22 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 22 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- News Gujarat seer Mahamandaleshwar Bharti Bapu dies at 93; PM Modi condoles
- Movies Composer Sajid Khan Reveals Wife Lubna Donated Her Kidney To Ailing Brother-In-Law Wajid Khan In 2019
- Sports IPL 2021: Royals hope to benefit from Sangakkara's experience
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Bajaj Auto has silently hiked the prices of its Pulsar 200NS motorcycle in the Indian market. The Bajaj Pulsar 200NS is now priced at Rs 1.31 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The motorcycle received a price hike of Rs 2,219 over its previous pricing in the market.
This is the third price hike for the 200cc motorcycle in Bajaj's Pulsar range of models since its BS6 update earlier this year. The BS6-compliant Bajaj Pulsar 200NS was introduced in April 2020 at a price tag of Rs 1.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The first price hike for the 200NS came in May 2020, when the price increased by Rs 3000. The second price hike of Rs 1000 came a bit later in July 2020. Bajaj hasn't officially stated the reason for either of the three price hikes, although the rising input costs are said to be one of the many reasons for the increasing costs.
Apart from the increased prices for the Pulsar 200NS, no other changes have been made. The motorcycle continues to be powered by the same 199cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, borrowed from the KTM Duke 200. The engine on the Pulsar 200NS produces 24bhp at 9700rpm and 18.5Nm of peak torque at 8000rpm, paired with a six-speed gearbox.
The motorcycle uses standard telescopic forks at the front and a mono shock at the rear. Braking is handled by discs at both ends, 300mm at the front and 240mm at the rear; supported by single-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle further rides on 17-inch alloy wheels at both ends with 100/80 front and 130/70 rear tyre profiles.
The motorcycle is currently offered in four paint schemes: Black, White, Yellow and Red. However, the company did release a video recently, which did tease new colours on the Bajaj Pulsar 200NS. These new paint scheme options could be introduced soon, giving the naked streetfighter a more sporty appeal.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Price Hike
The Bajaj Pulsar 200NS has been on sale in India for quite a while now. The motorcycle was one of the first models from the brand to borrow its engines from KTM, post their partnership. The Bajaj Pulsar 200NS rivals the likes of the KTM Duke 200, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and Hero Xtreme 200R.