- 51 min ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 1 hr ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 2 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- News China warms up to Joe Biden, asks him to bring bilateral ties back on right track
- Sports India vs England: Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer return as England announce 16-strong squad for first two Tests
- Technology BSNL Offering Lifetime Validity To Few Customers
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Movies Prabhas’ Uncle Krishnam Raju Responds To Rebel Star’s Wedding Rumours; Here’s What He Has To Say!
- Education Do You Know Why India Celebrates Republic Day?
- Finance 4 Secure Investments To Claim Tax Benefits Under Section 80C
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Bajaj Auto has launched the new Platina 100 disc brake with (ES) Electric Start in the Indian market. The commuter motorcycle retails at Rs 59,373, ex-showroom (Delhi). The newly launched variant is now the motorcycle's new top-of-the-line trim.
Alongside its newly launched trim, the Platina is also available in two other trims: the ES alloy with drum brakes and the (KS) Kick Start alloy, which is priced at Rs 55,546 and Rs 49,261, ex-showroom (Delhi), respectively.
The BS6 commuter motorcycle features few upgrades over the previous model including an all-new engine. The Platina 100 is powered by an air-cooled, single-cylinder, e-carburated 102cc engine. It produces a maximum of 7.77bhp at 7500rpm and 8.34Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard four-speed gearbox.
Apart from the updated engine, Bajaj has also subtly tweaked the Platina 100 BS6 to tell it apart from the previous model. It features a new tinted windscreen as compared to the colour-matched cowl on the BS4 model. The LED DRL is also placed closer to the headlamp making for a cleaner looking fascia.
In addition to this, the Platina 100 BS6 motorcycles also feature a new ribbed-pattern seat borrowed from its elder sibling, the Platina 110 H-Gear. It also features an updated suspension setup with 28 per cent longer travel at the front and 22 per cent longer travel at the rear.
Other cycle parts on the motorcycle include a hydraulic telescopic suspension at the front with 135 mm travel, and the brand's ‘SNS' suspension at the rear with 110mm travel. Braking on the motorcycle is done via disc/drum brakes at the front, and drum brake setup at the rear, supported with a combined braking system for additional safety.
The Platina 100 is known for its exceptional fuel-efficiency and the company claims the motorcycle to return a mileage of 90km/l. Couple the mileage with an 11-litre fuel tank on the motorcycle, it gives it a riding range of 990 kilometres between trips to the petrol pump.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched In India
The Bajaj Platina 100 is an entry-level motorcycle in the Indian market. In its due course of BS6 update, it has received a steep increase in its pricing. However, it is still one among the most affordable motorcycle that is currently on sale in the Indian market.