- 8 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Bajaj Group has announced that they will be making a donation of Rs 100 Crore towards medical aids in the country, to fight against the spread of the deadly covid-19 virus. The company announced a relief fund on Thursday, which will be used to support all the necessary healthcare infrastructure in India.
The Rs 100 crore relief fund from Bajaj, will be used by both government and certain private-sector hospitals to upgrade their equipment. This includes improved ICUs, medical personnel protection, additional ventilators and other testing units as well.
Bajaj also released a statement, stating, "In Pune, the company will support upgradation of key healthcare infrastructure required to tackle Covid-19. Bajaj is working with the Government and our network of over 200+ NGO partners, we will ensure these resources reach those who need it the most."
Additionally, Bajaj Group also stated that the relief fund will be used for different purposes as well. This includes providing food and shelter and offering rural car and livelihood aid as well. The company is said to be working with multiple organisations to extend immediate support to the daily wage workers, homeless and street children. Bajaj will also support initiatives to provide shelter and basic sanitation and healthcare as well.
The company will also be providing aids and funds to rural areas. This includes a direct survival grant, followed by a livelihood intervention through a revolving fund model. Bajaj will also work with authorities and partners to help create more awareness on the Covid-19 in rural areas, while also improving their healthcare facilities as well.
Bajaj Auto, which is part of the larger Bajaj Group is the second auto industry to announce a cash donation towards the fight of the Covid-19 virus. MG Motors recently announced a Rs 2 crore donation as well. Most major automotive brands have also announced their support to fight the virus in different ways. Many companies have also started producing ventilators to be supplied to government hospitals and health institutions as well - read more on it here.
Thoughts On Bajaj Group Donating A Massive Relief Fund To Fight The Covid-19 Virus
It is good to see that many automotive manufacturers are coming together and offering their support to the government and other health institutions to fight the deadly virus which has put the entire country under lockdown.