- 11 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 14 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Sports MS Dhoni on lack of batting time: Haven’t batted for a long time, 14-day quarantine doesn’t help
- News India can promise to be Africa's most steadfast partner: Jaishankar
- Movies Suriya To Start Shooting For Pandiraj Project In January 2021?
- Technology OnePlus Nord Users Experiencing Random Factory Data Reset Issue: Report
- Finance Shapoorji Pallonji Group To Exit Tata Group
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
A Bajaj Dominar has been modified by Pune based Autologue Design, and features the custom builder's Dominar Xplorer kit that makes the motorcycle look like an adventure tourer.
*Image courtesy: Autologue Design
The modified Bajaj Dominar features a Dominar specific kit built by Autologue Design. The front end of the motorcycle features a custom built fairing, and a tall wind screen.
The front of the motorcycle looks fairly proportionate, and also features a beak fender. The handlebar appears to be re-positioned and features risers - something that will better handling.
The luggage rack at the tail is practical add on, as seen on most adventure styled motorcycles. The modified Bajaj Dominar features a dual tone colour scheme. The white parts however, are decals.
No changes have been made to the engine, and the modified motorcycle features a 373cc liquid-cooled DOHC single-cylinder engine that produces 39 brake horsepower and 35Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The Bajaj Dominar is currently priced at Rs 1.91 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi.
In Bajaj related news, the company officially partnered with Triumph motorcycles last month, and the partnership is working towards developing a new 200cc motorcycle.
The new partnership will see Bajaj and Triumph design, engineer, and manufacture a new range of mid capacity motorcycles for the Indian market. To read more about the alliance, click here.
The Dominar Xplorer Kit is essentially a bolt on kit to transform the Dominar to its touring incarnation. The Kit costs Rs 17,280, and can be ordered via Autologue Design's website.
Autologue Design currently produces bolt on kits for the KTM Duke and RC models, the Royal Enfield Continental GT, The Bajaj Avenger, the Hero Impulse, the Suzuki Gixxer, and the Bajaj Dominar. The company also produces accessories for Yamaha motorcycles in addition to the above.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Dominar Xplorer Kit Built By Autologue Design
We think the kit definitely gives the Dominar an adventure look to it, but we're unsure of the performance of the motorcycle. While the Dominar and the Duke 390 share the same 373cc engine, the Dominar's curb weight stands at 184 kilograms - 21 kilograms over the weight of the Duke.
While adding a body kit makes motorcycles look different, on will lose out some on performance just because of the weight, at least on a Dominar.