- 11 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 11 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 15 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Bajaj Auto has silently introduced the BS6-compliant Dominar 400 in the Indian market. The new Bajaj Dominar 400 BS6 is now available with a starting price of Rs 1.91 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Bajaj Dominar 400 BS6 remains identical to its predecessor in every way, apart from the updated engine. This has been updated and now comes in the form of a 373c single-cylinder liquid-cooled unit producing 39.4bhp at 8000rpm and 35Nm of peak torque at 7000rpm, paired with a six-speed gearbox.
Bajaj also offers the Dominar 400 with a slipper clutch as standard. The new 2020 Bajaj Dominar 400 will continue to be offered in the same two colour choices: Vine Black and Aurora Green.
Apart from the updated engine, the motorcycle remains unchanged otherwise. This includes the same suspension and brake setup as on the previous model. The suspension comes in the form of USD forks at the front and an adjustable mono-shock set up at the rear. Braking is handled by 320mm and 230mm discs at the front and rear, respectively; supported by dual-channel ABS.
The Bajaj Dominar 400 BS6 also comes with a host of features and equipment as well. This includes LED lighting all around, including the headlamps, DRLs and taillights, a fully-digital instrument cluster, twin-barrel exhaust, single-piece handlebar, diamond-cut alloy wheels, 13-litre fuel tank with a secondary display on top and split seats, among a host of others.
The new BS6 emission norms came into effect in the country, starting from the 1st of April 2020. Bajaj is currently updating its entire product portfolio to comply with the latest emission norms.
Apart from the Dominar 400, Bajaj also updated its entire ‘Pulsar range' recently. This includes the 150, NS160, 180F, NS200, RS200 and the 220F. The company also announced the introduction of the BS6-compliant Avenger Street 160 and Cruise 220 in the Indian market — here are the details.
Bajaj also took the opportunity to rejig its entire product lineup, leading to the discontinuation of the Discover 110 and 125 commuter motorcycles. Both variants of the Bajaj Discover range are popular commuter offerings in their segment. However, both did not receive any BS6 update yet.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Dominar 400 BS6 India Launch
The Bajaj Dominar 400 is the brand's flagship motorcycle in the Indian market. The Dominar 400 is the latest offering from the brand to receive the update. The 2020 Bajaj Dominar 400 BS6 continues to rival the likes of the KTM Duke 390, TVS Apache RR310 and the Royal Enfield 350 Classic.