- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- News Yediyurappa defers decision to add Lingayats in backward caste list
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Pune based auto manufacturer, Bajaj Auto Limited, has announced that two of their employees from their Aurangabad facility who had tested positive for Covid-19 have succumbed to the virus.
The brand said that both the employees had underlying conditions of hypertension and diabetes, and that an additional 140 employees have tested positive for the virus at the facility.
Bajaj however, dismissed reports that the Waluj facility at Aurangabad has been shut down in light of these developments.
Mr Ravi Kyran Ramaswamy, the Chief Human Resources Officer at Bajaj Auto Limited said, "We have more than 8100 employees and contractors employed in our Waluj plant."
"Our current incidence of 140 cases of COVID is less than 2 percent of our strength. Two of our infected employees with underlying conditions of hypertension and diabetes have unfortunately succumbed to the infection," he added.
The company resumed operations at its Aurangabad facility on 22 April with a limited number of employees, and said that reports of temporarily halting operations because of the new Covid-19 cases was incorrect.
A statement released by the brand said, "It has come to our attention that there are reports circulating that Bajaj Auto's manufacturing facility at Waluj in Maharashtra has shut down due to incidence of COVID-19 amongst some employees there. At the outset we want to clarify that our manufacturing facility at Waluj is functioning normally."
Bajaj also said that they have mandated cleanliness and health check protocols that comply with all government regulations and guidelines. The mandates have been reviewed and approved by appropriate authorities and adherence is strictly monitored by the company's in-house health and security staff.
Bajaj Auto is taking all necessary precautions, and is in the process of testing, contact tracing, self-isolation and sanitisation of the plant premises.
The company said it would continue to offer all support including medical assistance to infected staff. Bajaj also said it would keep its facilities functional because the only alternative they have is to shut down production with a ‘no work no pay' system that will have major consequences for employees and supply chains.
Thoughts About Two Employees Testing Positive For Covid-19 And Bajaj Keeping Its Facility Open
Bajaj seems to be the worst affected auto manufacturers. While others have reported up to 17 positive Covid-19 cases, 140 is an outrageous number of cases to be dealing with. Should this become the trend, one can expect another lockdown. We hope it doesn't come to that.