- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Bajaj Auto was the first large-scale two-wheeler manufacturer in the Indian market to introduce an electric scooter in the country, with the Chetak electric. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter was launched in the Indian market earlier this year, with deliveries beginning in February.
The Bajaj Chetak electric in the month of March 2020 registered 91 units of sales in the Indian market. This is higher than its main rival in the segment, the TVS iQube electric scooter, which registered just 18 units during the same period.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is available for sale only in two cities across India: Bangalore and Pune. The electric scooter is offered with a price tag of Rs 1 lakh for its base-spec variant, while the top-spec model is priced at Rs 1.15 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Bangalore).
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is powered by a 4kW electric motor paired with a 3kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 16Nm of peak torque while offering a maximum range of 95km on a single charge. The Chetak electric is also equipped with fast-charging technology, with Bajaj claiming 25km of range addition with an hour of charge.
The main rival to the Bajaj Chetak electric is the TVS iQube electric scooter. The iQube electric similar to Bajaj is currently on sale only in Bangalore. The electric scooter from TVS is even priced similar to the Bajaj Chetak electric at Rs 1.15 lakh, on-road (Bangalore).
The TVS iQube comes with a slightly larger 4.4kW electric motor, paired with a 2.25kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The TVS iQube comes with a slightly lower range of 75km on a single charge and has a top speed of 80km/h.
Both electric scooters offer a host of features and equipment. This includes LED headlamps, LED tail lights, various riding modes and a host of other features as well. The TVS further also comes equipped with a fully-digital instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity; something the Chetak electric misses out on.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Sales For The Month Of March 2020
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter has performed well in the Indian market, compared to its rivals. The success of the Chetak electric scooter is also partly due to the iconic moniker, the company brought back after 14 years.