- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Bajaj Auto has released its sales report for the month of April 2020 in India. Unsurprisingly, the company has announced 0 units of domestic sales in the country during the last month. This was due to the nationwide lockdown, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown in the country shut down all operations and businesses. This included vehicle production, sales, service and exports. However, during the end of April, the Home Affairs Ministry did allow certain relaxations, which allowed companies to restart operations.
Bajaj Auto at this time managed to register 32,009 units of export sales. These units were part of Bajaj Auto's leftover stock in their inventory, produced before the lockdown began in the country.
Bajaj Auto, however, isn't the only one to register zero units of domestic sales. Almost every vehicle manufacturer in India has the same result. With the nationwide lockdown starting on the 24th of March 2020, most operations had shut down by then.
The lockdown in India was initially supposed to come to an end on the 14th of April. However, with the number of COVID-19 cases in India at that time still on the rise, the central government decided to extend the lockdown period until the 3rd of May.
The central government has now further extended the lockdown for another 2 weeks, till the 17th of May 2020. However, there are a number of relaxations provided for those areas which have not recorded any new COVID-19 cases in the past 14 days.
The central government has also allowed the respective state governments to decide the different zones, based on the COVID-19 cases. The government has also granted vehicle manufacturers the approval to restart operations, under certain guidelines which ensure the safety of the workforce.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Auto Sales Report For April 2020
This is the first time in history that the Indian auto industry has registered 0 units of sales during the course of an entire month. However, the low sales trend is far from over, with many suggesting it to be carried forward for a couple of more months as well.