- 47 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Bajaj Auto has released its sales report for the month of April 2020 in India. Unsurprisingly, the company has announced 0 units of domestic sales in the country during the last month. This was due to the nationwide lockdown, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown in the country shut down all operations and businesses. This included vehicle production, sales, service and exports. However, during the end of April, the Home Affairs Ministry did allow certain relaxations, which allowed companies to restart operations.
Bajaj Auto at this time managed to register 32,009 units of export sales. These units were part of Bajaj Auto's leftover stock in their inventory, produced before the lockdown began in the country.
Bajaj Auto, however, isn't the only one to register zero units of domestic sales. Almost every vehicle manufacturer in India has the same result. With the nationwide lockdown starting on the 24th of March 2020, most operations had shut down by then.
The lockdown in India was initially supposed to come to an end on the 14th of April. However, with the number of COVID-19 cases in India at that time still on the rise, the central government decided to extend the lockdown period until the 3rd of May.
The central government has now further extended the lockdown for another 2 weeks, till the 17th of May 2020. However, there are a number of relaxations provided for those areas which have not recorded any new COVID-19 cases in the past 14 days.
The central government has also allowed the respective state governments to decide the different zones, based on the COVID-19 cases. The government has also granted vehicle manufacturers the approval to restart operations, under certain guidelines which ensure the safety of the workforce.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Auto Sales Report For April 2020
This is the first time in history that the Indian auto industry has registered 0 units of sales during the course of an entire month. However, the low sales trend is far from over, with many suggesting it to be carried forward for a couple of more months as well.