- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Bajaj Auto has hiked the prices of yet another model in its product lineup in the Indian market. This time it is the Bajaj Avenger Street 160 cruiser motorcycle. The city-cruiser motorcycle which received the BS6 update back in April 2020, has received a price hike of Rs 1,216.
At the time of the BS6 update, the Bajaj Avenger Street 160 was launched at Rs 93, 677. Now, with the increase in prices, the cruiser motorcycle now retails at Rs 94,893. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
This is the first price hike received by the Avenger Street 160 post its BS6 update in the Indian market. However, apart from the increase in prices, the motorcycle remains completely unchanged.
The motorcycle continues to carry forward the 160cc single-cylinder air-cooled fuel-injected engine. It produces 14.8bhp and 13.7Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox. The Bajaj Avenger Street 160 also carries forward the same features and equipment as well, without any changes or updates.
Bajaj also sells the Avenger 220, which also received a price hike recently. However, the Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 received a slightly higher price increase of Rs 2,502 and is now priced at Rs 1.19 lakh. The motorcycle received a price hike alongside the brand's flagship model, the Dominar 400, which is now priced at Rs 1.94 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are the exact details of the price hike on the Avenger 220 motorcycle.
Bajaj Auto resumed operations in the month of May 2020 after being shut down for close to two months, amidst the COVID-19 lockdown in India. The company registered 1.12 lakh units of sales last month, including domestic and export operations; a decline of 69% compared to the same period in 2019.
The company is now preparing to launch a new variant of its entry-level Pulsar 125 motorcycle. The new Bajaj Pulsar 125 will soon be offered with a split-seat, along with a few other updates as well. The motorcycle is already said to have started arriving at dealerships, indicating a launch really soon — here are the details.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Avenger Street 160 BS6 Bike Price Increase
The Bajaj Avenger Street 160 is the latest motorcycle in the brand's lineup to receive the price hike. The increase in prices is to offset the losses faced by the company during the month of April 2020. Also, Bajaj isn't the only manufacturer to hike prices of its models in the Indian market as well.