- 5 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 23 Highlights: Captain Kavita Saves Eijaz And Nominates Aly For Eviction
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Bajaj Auto has hiked the prices of yet another model in its product lineup in the Indian market. This time it is the Bajaj Avenger Street 160 cruiser motorcycle. The city-cruiser motorcycle which received the BS6 update back in April 2020, has received a price hike of Rs 1,216.
At the time of the BS6 update, the Bajaj Avenger Street 160 was launched at Rs 93, 677. Now, with the increase in prices, the cruiser motorcycle now retails at Rs 94,893. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
This is the first price hike received by the Avenger Street 160 post its BS6 update in the Indian market. However, apart from the increase in prices, the motorcycle remains completely unchanged.
The motorcycle continues to carry forward the 160cc single-cylinder air-cooled fuel-injected engine. It produces 14.8bhp and 13.7Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox. The Bajaj Avenger Street 160 also carries forward the same features and equipment as well, without any changes or updates.
Bajaj also sells the Avenger 220, which also received a price hike recently. However, the Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 received a slightly higher price increase of Rs 2,502 and is now priced at Rs 1.19 lakh. The motorcycle received a price hike alongside the brand's flagship model, the Dominar 400, which is now priced at Rs 1.94 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are the exact details of the price hike on the Avenger 220 motorcycle.
Bajaj Auto resumed operations in the month of May 2020 after being shut down for close to two months, amidst the COVID-19 lockdown in India. The company registered 1.12 lakh units of sales last month, including domestic and export operations; a decline of 69% compared to the same period in 2019.
The company is now preparing to launch a new variant of its entry-level Pulsar 125 motorcycle. The new Bajaj Pulsar 125 will soon be offered with a split-seat, along with a few other updates as well. The motorcycle is already said to have started arriving at dealerships, indicating a launch really soon — here are the details.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Avenger Street 160 BS6 Bike Price Increase
The Bajaj Avenger Street 160 is the latest motorcycle in the brand's lineup to receive the price hike. The increase in prices is to offset the losses faced by the company during the month of April 2020. Also, Bajaj isn't the only manufacturer to hike prices of its models in the Indian market as well.