- 10 min ago Ducati Streetfighter V4 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Set To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- Education AEEE Result 2021 Declared For Phase 1, Check Results At amrita.edu
- Sports We benefited from video analysis during successful tours of Europe and Argentina: Rohidas
- Technology Is Amazon Delivering Products During Lockdown In India? Can You Place Regular Orders?
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Movies Ekta Kapoor’s Kkusum Starring Nausheen Ali Sardar & Anuj Saxena To Have A Digital Sequel: Report
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Bajaj Auto has filed for intellectual property rights for the heritage brand Excelsior-Henderson in the Indian market. The patent that has been filed in India has been classified under the Nice Classification 12, which is used for Vehicles, Motorcars and Motorcycles. By doing this we feel that Bajaj has plans to revive the American cruiser motorcycle brand in the Indian market.
A little history about the heritage brand, since its inception in 1870 the company made bicycles and bicycle parts and they did that for the next 30 years. Then in 1905, the Heritage brand ventured into the motorcycling business under the Excelsior brand.
Then in the 1920s, the company manufactured two motorcycles, a V-Twin Excelsior and a 4 cylinder Henderson. But sadly Excelsior-Henderson shut down 1931. After a good long wait, the brand was again revived in the 90s by Hanlon Manufacturing Company. Now the company wanted to design and manufacture American cruising motorcycles. The company's first model was the Super X, which was introduced in 1998. The Super X was put into production the very next year.
In other recent Bajaj news, the company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Maharashtra government, towards setting up a new manufacturing facility in the state. The new production facility will be set up in Chakan, with an initial investment of Rs 650 crore from the two-wheeler brand.
The new production facility is said to start vehicle production from 2023. It will manufacture high-end motorcycles for KTM, Husqvarna and Triumph. The new facility will further be used for the production of electric vehicles as well, which currently consists of only the Chetak.
Thoughts About Bajaj Launching The Excelsior-Henderson Motorcycles In India
The Excelsior-Henderson was a classic motorcycle and Bajaj Auto by introducing the brand in the Indian market will be doing a great thing. We definitely expect the American cruiser to get a lot of traction in the Indian market once it's launched.