- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan And Sujoy Ghosh To Join Hands For A Thriller, Film To Roll In February: Report
- News BJP MLA from Ayodhya sentenced to 5 years in prison for producing fake mark sheet to get college admission
- Education RSMSSB Fireman And AFO 2021 Exam Date Announced For 629 Posts On RSMSSB.Rajasthan.Gov.In, Check Details Here
- Sports Kamalpreet Kaur aims to break her national record to prepare for World Championships, CWG, Asian Games
- Finance 1 Large-Cap And Small-Cap Stock To Buy As Suggested By ICICI Securities
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Lifestyle Long Covid May Not Be As Fatal As Acute COVID-19 But Can Worsen Existing Ailments, Say Experts
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Bajaj Auto has filed for intellectual property rights for the heritage brand Excelsior-Henderson in the Indian market. The patent that has been filed in India has been classified under the Nice Classification 12, which is used for Vehicles, Motorcars and Motorcycles. By doing this we feel that Bajaj has plans to revive the American cruiser motorcycle brand in the Indian market.
A little history about the heritage brand, since its inception in 1870 the company made bicycles and bicycle parts and they did that for the next 30 years. Then in 1905, the Heritage brand ventured into the motorcycling business under the Excelsior brand.
Then in the 1920s, the company manufactured two motorcycles, a V-Twin Excelsior and a 4 cylinder Henderson. But sadly Excelsior-Henderson shut down 1931. After a good long wait, the brand was again revived in the 90s by Hanlon Manufacturing Company. Now the company wanted to design and manufacture American cruising motorcycles. The company's first model was the Super X, which was introduced in 1998. The Super X was put into production the very next year.
In other recent Bajaj news, the company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Maharashtra government, towards setting up a new manufacturing facility in the state. The new production facility will be set up in Chakan, with an initial investment of Rs 650 crore from the two-wheeler brand.
The new production facility is said to start vehicle production from 2023. It will manufacture high-end motorcycles for KTM, Husqvarna and Triumph. The new facility will further be used for the production of electric vehicles as well, which currently consists of only the Chetak.
Thoughts About Bajaj Launching The Excelsior-Henderson Motorcycles In India
The Excelsior-Henderson was a classic motorcycle and Bajaj Auto by introducing the brand in the Indian market will be doing a great thing. We definitely expect the American cruiser to get a lot of traction in the Indian market once it's launched.