- 7 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Bajaj Auto has filed for intellectual property rights for the heritage brand Excelsior-Henderson in the Indian market. The patent that has been filed in India has been classified under the Nice Classification 12, which is used for Vehicles, Motorcars and Motorcycles. By doing this we feel that Bajaj has plans to revive the American cruiser motorcycle brand in the Indian market.
A little history about the heritage brand, since its inception in 1870 the company made bicycles and bicycle parts and they did that for the next 30 years. Then in 1905, the Heritage brand ventured into the motorcycling business under the Excelsior brand.
Then in the 1920s, the company manufactured two motorcycles, a V-Twin Excelsior and a 4 cylinder Henderson. But sadly Excelsior-Henderson shut down 1931. After a good long wait, the brand was again revived in the 90s by Hanlon Manufacturing Company. Now the company wanted to design and manufacture American cruising motorcycles. The company's first model was the Super X, which was introduced in 1998. The Super X was put into production the very next year.
In other recent Bajaj news, the company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Maharashtra government, towards setting up a new manufacturing facility in the state. The new production facility will be set up in Chakan, with an initial investment of Rs 650 crore from the two-wheeler brand.
The new production facility is said to start vehicle production from 2023. It will manufacture high-end motorcycles for KTM, Husqvarna and Triumph. The new facility will further be used for the production of electric vehicles as well, which currently consists of only the Chetak.
Thoughts About Bajaj Launching The Excelsior-Henderson Motorcycles In India
The Excelsior-Henderson was a classic motorcycle and Bajaj Auto by introducing the brand in the Indian market will be doing a great thing. We definitely expect the American cruiser to get a lot of traction in the Indian market once it's launched.