- 1 hr ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Bajaj Auto Ltd has emerged as the largest two and three-wheeler manufacturer in India measured in terms of revenue after announcing its corporate results for FY 2019-20. The company posted revenues of Rs 29,919 crores in FY 2019-20 with operating EBITA margins of 17.6 percent at Rs 5,253 crores and PBT of Rs 6,580 crores.
Bajaj Auto Ltd has also clocked a CAGR of 10 percent over the last 10 years, with revenues moving up from Rs 11,509 crores in FY 2009-10 to Rs 29,919 crore in FY 2019-20. One of the first sports motorcycling segments in India was with the launch of the Bajaj Pulsar in 2001. It is almost two decades now and the Pulsar still continues to be the market leader.
Bajaj Auto continued to lead Indian automobile exports, accounting for over 50 percent of the country's two and 3 wheeler exports with a turnover of Rs 11,845 crores. In FY 2019-20, 47 percent of Bajaj Auto's production was exported to over 79 countries. With a cumulative 15 million vehicles exported to date, Bajaj is one of the most visible Indian brands across the globe.
Commenting on this performance, Rakesh Sharma, Executive Director, Bajaj Auto, said, "While FY 2019-20 was indeed a challenging year, we are delighted to note that not only have we emerged as the overall leader in our segment, we have also put in place several initiatives that will build momentum. This achievement is testimony to our unwavering focus and relentless pursuit of our three pronged strategy - using our R&D to develop innovative products and create differentiated brands; building a global business and leveraging principles of TPM to simplify operations and deliver top class quality. Despite the uncertainties surrounding the immediate future, we are confident that our strategic path will serve our ambitions of global leadership and business success."
Commenting on this performance, Mr. Soumen Ray, CFO, Bajaj Auto, said, "Our reach in global markets coupled with a diverse & evolving product portfolio has helped us de-risk our business as we are not overtly reliant on any one geography or product. Consequently, our revenues and profits are not dependent on any specific sets of products or geography. Our strong operating performance is a combination of our export performance, product mix and Forex, which allow us several levers to protect our industry leading margins."
Thoughts About The Financial Result Of Bajaj Auto Ltd
Over the past two decades, Bajaj has been on the top of the list when it comes to two or three-wheelers across the country. When it comes to an Indian brand, Bajaj is one of the most heard names across the globe.