- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Pune based two and three wheeler manufacturer, Bajaj Auto, has announced an extension of free service and warranty periods for both two wheelers and for commercial vehicles. The decision comes in light of the 21 day nation wide lock down that was announced to combat the Covid-19 pandemic.
Bajaj Auto announced that the Original Equipment free service and warranty period of all two wheelers expiring between 20 March and 30 April will be extended until 31 May.
The company also said that any three wheeler and Bajaj Qute models that have free services and warranty until 30 April this year, will get a two month extension, until 30 June. This is applicable to the company's entire commercial vehicle range.
Mr Rakesh Sharma, Head of the Motorcycles Division at Bajaj Auto Ltd. said, "In view of the current situation of a mandated lock down owing to COVID-19, Bajaj Auto has decided to extend its service and warranty period of all our vehicles."
"While social distancing in such troubled times is our collective responsibility, we wanted to ensure that our customers do not face any hurdles as they will not be able to avail our services for the interim period," he added.
In related news, Rajiv Bajaj, the Managing Director at Bajaj Auto voiced his disagreement with the plea for an extension for sales of BS4 compliant vehicles. His argument is that the Covid-19 situation cannot be a reason for an extension as it undermines the efforts of those who have complied with the law.
He added that it was the Management's job to have planned for a contingency, and companies must reimburse dealers for redundant BS4 stocks on 1 April. He also pointed out the manufacturers were still sending BS4 stocks to dealers up to a week before the deadline. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Bajaj Auto Extending Free Service And Warranty Periods For Two Wheelers And Commercial Vehicles
It is good to see manufacturers doing all they can to make customer's lives easier during this lock down and the subsequent financial recession that is bound to follow. The Auto Industry is doing all it can to help the government, and its customers, and rightly so as people need all the support they can possible get.