- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 21 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 23 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- News Arrest of Chinese national: Agencies probe security threats, cyber and financial frauds
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Stay At Record Highs: Check Rates
- Sports Czech Republic 0-1 England: Sterling wins Euro 2020 Group D for Three Lions
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham To Be Exclusively Screened On All Screens In Kerala!
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
Pune based two and three wheeler manufacturer, Bajaj Auto, has announced an extension of free service and warranty periods for both two wheelers and for commercial vehicles. The decision comes in light of the 21 day nation wide lock down that was announced to combat the Covid-19 pandemic.
Bajaj Auto announced that the Original Equipment free service and warranty period of all two wheelers expiring between 20 March and 30 April will be extended until 31 May.
The company also said that any three wheeler and Bajaj Qute models that have free services and warranty until 30 April this year, will get a two month extension, until 30 June. This is applicable to the company's entire commercial vehicle range.
Mr Rakesh Sharma, Head of the Motorcycles Division at Bajaj Auto Ltd. said, "In view of the current situation of a mandated lock down owing to COVID-19, Bajaj Auto has decided to extend its service and warranty period of all our vehicles."
"While social distancing in such troubled times is our collective responsibility, we wanted to ensure that our customers do not face any hurdles as they will not be able to avail our services for the interim period," he added.
In related news, Rajiv Bajaj, the Managing Director at Bajaj Auto voiced his disagreement with the plea for an extension for sales of BS4 compliant vehicles. His argument is that the Covid-19 situation cannot be a reason for an extension as it undermines the efforts of those who have complied with the law.
He added that it was the Management's job to have planned for a contingency, and companies must reimburse dealers for redundant BS4 stocks on 1 April. He also pointed out the manufacturers were still sending BS4 stocks to dealers up to a week before the deadline. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Bajaj Auto Extending Free Service And Warranty Periods For Two Wheelers And Commercial Vehicles
It is good to see manufacturers doing all they can to make customer's lives easier during this lock down and the subsequent financial recession that is bound to follow. The Auto Industry is doing all it can to help the government, and its customers, and rightly so as people need all the support they can possible get.