- 7 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 10 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Suhana Khan Stands Up Against Colourism: Hits Back At Trolls That Target Her Skin Tone
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Technology Mi Band 5 First Impressions: Better Display, New Health Features & More Functional Design
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
Bengaluru based electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Ather Energy, has announced that the brand will start exporting their electric range of scooters starting March 2021.
The brand has been expanding its area of operations in the country, and has diverted resources towards studying and exploring international markets for new business.
The electric vehicle manufacturer's plan involves expanding into two new foreign markets by March next year. The brand said that exports would have begun by now if not for the Covid-19 pandemic and the nationwide lockdown that was in effect. Ather Energy is able to focus on export strategies now that restrictions have been lifted.
Ather Energy already has its export blueprints in place for multiple Southeast Asian markets, and plans to start its exports business with pilot projects before increasing production depending on demand. The brand said that Southeast Asian markets are first on their export list as there is huge demand for electric scooters.
Ather's choice of international markets are based on price acceptability. Outside of Southeast Asia, the brand says that European cities like London and Rome are high potential markets for electric scooters.
Ather Energy is also exploring Latin American markets where research shows that demand for electric scooters, and price acceptability lie somewhere in between the Southeast Asian and European markets.
While the brand's India based production facility can generate five lakh units a year if needed, Ather Energy intends to eventually set up assembly facilities at target markets and sell directly.
In Ather Energy related news, the brand released a new Dark Mode via its seventh Over-The-Air update for its customer base in India. The update brings a bunch of new features and an all new Dark Mode theme for the instrument cluster.
The Dark Theme has been something that customers have been requesting for via the Ather community. Owners can now manually choose between light and dark themes under the settings menu. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Ather Energy Planning To Export Its Range Of Scooters Starting March 2021
This is good news for Ather Energy. The company has grown significantly over the last year and is obviously offering fantastic products that are good enough to generate international interest. We hope their 2021 export strategies pan out.