- 34 min ago Mahindra Marazzo Automatic To Launch Soon & KUV100 To Live On: Not Discontinued?
- 1 hr ago Honda Bikes & Scooters Offers: Discount Benefits On Shine & Grazia Models
- 15 hrs ago Pristine 1979 Mercedes-Benz W123 Clocks More Than 12.6 Lakh Kilometres; Put Up For Auction
- 17 hrs ago Renault Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- News Light rain, thunderstorms likely in Delhi
- Finance What is the Difference Between Custodian and Depository?
- Technology Airtel Beats Reliance Jio Adds More User Active Base In February
- Sports England's IPL players unlikely to find place in Test squad against New Zealand: Reports
- Movies Robert De Niro Injures Leg While On Location For Killers of the Flower Moon, Shooting To Continue
- Education CBSE Board Exam 2021: Decision On Class 12 Board Exam Pending, Students Seek Cancellation
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 5 Beautiful Ensembles Of The Diva To Keep You Ethnically-Inspired For Weddings
Bengaluru based electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Ather Energy, has announced that the brand will start exporting their electric range of scooters starting March 2021.
The brand has been expanding its area of operations in the country, and has diverted resources towards studying and exploring international markets for new business.
The electric vehicle manufacturer's plan involves expanding into two new foreign markets by March next year. The brand said that exports would have begun by now if not for the Covid-19 pandemic and the nationwide lockdown that was in effect. Ather Energy is able to focus on export strategies now that restrictions have been lifted.
Ather Energy already has its export blueprints in place for multiple Southeast Asian markets, and plans to start its exports business with pilot projects before increasing production depending on demand. The brand said that Southeast Asian markets are first on their export list as there is huge demand for electric scooters.
Ather's choice of international markets are based on price acceptability. Outside of Southeast Asia, the brand says that European cities like London and Rome are high potential markets for electric scooters.
Ather Energy is also exploring Latin American markets where research shows that demand for electric scooters, and price acceptability lie somewhere in between the Southeast Asian and European markets.
While the brand's India based production facility can generate five lakh units a year if needed, Ather Energy intends to eventually set up assembly facilities at target markets and sell directly.
In Ather Energy related news, the brand released a new Dark Mode via its seventh Over-The-Air update for its customer base in India. The update brings a bunch of new features and an all new Dark Mode theme for the instrument cluster.
The Dark Theme has been something that customers have been requesting for via the Ather community. Owners can now manually choose between light and dark themes under the settings menu. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Ather Energy Planning To Export Its Range Of Scooters Starting March 2021
This is good news for Ather Energy. The company has grown significantly over the last year and is obviously offering fantastic products that are good enough to generate international interest. We hope their 2021 export strategies pan out.