- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Ather Energy aims to rapidly expand its operations across the country by opening new experience centres. Cities like Hyderabad, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, and Coimbatore; among others are on the company's list of phase-wise expansion.
The Bengaluru-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer recently announced its completion of two years since the launch of the Ather 450. In two years, Ather has introduced new scooters in the form of Ather 450X, however, it has also removed Ather 350 from its line-up. The company will expand to eight new cities and launch the Ather 450 Plus within the next six months.
Other future plans from the company include the new 400,000 sq ft manufacturing facility that is currently being set up in Hosur. The facility will be commissioned for operations by the end of this year, which will help the company's phase-wise expansion plans by increasing production capacity.
Tarun Mehta, Co-founder and CEO Ather Energy, said "The lockdown helped us reevaluate and reassess our long term goals. We are going to open as many avenues as possible to promote electric vehicles. From introducing new ownership models and to continue offering the most varied financing options, we will ensure that owning an E2W is a hassle-free proposition for any consumer. Exciting times ahead for Ather and the EV industry."
Ather was the first automobile company in India to improve its products via OTA updates. This includes new ride modes, new features and constantly improving the ride and ownership experience. The Ather 450's Customers have received six Over The Air (OTA) software upgrades, that has improved the scooter since its first launch.
Apart from the OTA updates, the company has added several financial models to offer ease of ownership. It has introduced lease plans without a long term commitment that makes owning electric two-wheelers easier.
Also at the time of Ather 450X launch in January 2020, the company rolled out an innovative battery subscription model. The battery is paid for under a monthly subscription model that makes the initial scooter sticker price lower with the advantage of having a lifelong battery warranty. Additionally, the company is planning to come up with a vehicle exchange program for faster adoption of EVs across the country sometime in the next few months.
The Ather electric scooters sold across the country have collectively clocked over 1.1 crore kilometres since its launch in India. A maximum of 26,000 odd kilometres has been registered by a single Ather electric scooter. The company will be using all these data to improve its products over time.
Thoughts About The Ather Energy Expansion Plans
Ather Energy has certainly come a long way in the span of two years. It has managed to introduce new products and improve the existing ones, which is a win-win situation for its customers. The company is also working on various ways to ease the ownership experience by introducing new financial models as well.