- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 2 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- News Coronavirus: India records 15,144 new cases in last 24 hours
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test Day 3: Sundar, Thakur show resistance as tourists reach 253/6 at tea break
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Technology Amazfit GTR 2e Review: Bulky, Power-Packed Smartwatch For Fitness Freaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Bangalore-based electric two-wheeler, Ather Energy plans to enter new cities across the country. The company aims to rapidly expand its sales operations in a phase-wise manner to other cities.
Replying to a qurey from a potential customer, Tarun Mehta, Co-founder and CEO Ather Energy stated that the company is looking to start operations in Pune by November this year. Also, if everything goes well, it will be entering Mumbai in December 2020.
According to the latest announcement from the company, it will be entering Delhi in the coming weeks. The latest EV policy introduced by the State Government has given a solid boost to the company's plans of setting up a business in Delhi.
Speaking about the new EV policy Mr Mehta also confirmed that the 450X flagship model will be priced Rs 15,000 lower in Delhi as compared to other cities. This is possible because of the new EV policy — here are more details.
The company is looking to scale to 20 cities by the end of 2021. Additionally, the company's expansion plan will be supported by a new manufacturing facility that is currently being set up in Hosur.
According to Ather Energy, the new facility will span over 400,000 sq ft, which is designed to produce 100,000 units annually and is scalable to half a million units. The aims to get the facility commissioned for operations by the end of this year, giving a boost to its phase-wise expansion.
The company has raised Rs 84 crores, as an extension of its Series C round funding. The latest investment is backed by Hero MotoCorp, who has been a part of Ather's growth story since 2016 when they first invested as a part of Series B. The new funding will help the company with its upcoming aggressive expansion plans in the country.
Along with the phase-wise expansion and increase in production, the company also plans to improve the charging infrastructure by working with the state governments. Ather Energy will also set up Ather Grid fast charging points across the country over the next five years, making public charging easy and accessible to all-electric vehicle owners.
The company also announced attractive ways to own an Ather electric scooter. This includes several financing and ownership models, making it more accessible to its customers.
Thoughts About The Ather Electric Scooters Launching In Mumbai & Pune
The electric vehicle market is growing at a rapid pace in the country, especially in the two-wheeler market. Ather electric scooters are among the oldest in the business and have been widely accepted because of its performance and technology on offer. Pune and Mumbai are among top Tier 1 cities in the country where the Ather Buzz is already present ahead of its launch.