- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago New MINI Countryman launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 39.50 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago New Tata Tiago ‘XTA’ Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.99 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Interiors Sketches Officially Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8 March 4 Highlights: Dhanushree, Shubha, Raghu, Vishwanath And Nirmala Get Nominated
- News Two observers to arrive in West Bengal today, oversee poll preparedness
- Sports Indian women’s hockey team end Germany tour with 1-2 defeat
- Technology Sony's New Patent Can Transform Any Live Object Into A Controller
- Finance NPS Vs APY: Where To Invest In Terms Of Good Returns?
- Education HPSSC Junior Office Assistant Admit Card 2021 Released At www.hpsssb.hp.gov.in
- Lifestyle Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet Singh Shells Out Major Couple Fashion Goals As They Twin In Black
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
Ather Energy has finally started deliveries of its latest 450X Series1 electric scooter. The first few customers of the Series1 Collector's Edition have taken deliveries today, after the payment window for the electric scooters opened up on the 31st of October.
The Ather 450X electric scooter is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.59 lakh, ex-showroom (Bengaluru). The standard version of the scooter is offered in three colour options: Grey, White & Green. However, the Series1 Collectors' Edition will be offered in a more sporty-looking Gloss Black with Red accents.
The gloss-black side panels on the current delivery models will soon be replaced by translucent panels, free of cost to the customer from March 2021. The Black & Red paint scheme is available only on the special Series1 model, offered to only those customers who booked the electric scooter before 28th January 2020.
Apart from the special black and red colour scheme, Ather 450X Series1 electric scooters will also get a subtly updated instrument cluster UI, matching the overall colour scheme. No mechanical changes, however, are made with the Series1 carrying forward the same electric powertrain as the standard 450X.
This powertrain comes in the form of a 6kW electric motor paired with a 2.9kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain offers a maximum range of 85km on a single charge (true range). The electric scooter is also said to offer a top speed of 80km/h, while sprinting from 0 - 40km/h in just 3.3 seconds — making it the quickest electric scooter in the segment.
The deliveries of the Ather 450X will initially be open in 9 cities across India. The company is expected to expand to more cities in the near future. Ather also recently announced that it received a new investment of $35 million, which should further help it accelerate these plans, while also increasing production capacity at its new plant to meet the growing demands.
Thoughts On The Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries Commence
The Ather 450X Series1 is a special-edition model for customers who booked the 450X, back in January 2020. The Ather 450X in India rivals the likes of the Bajaj Chetak electric and the TVS iQube electric in the premium electric scooter segment.