- 12 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 13 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- 15 hrs ago TVS’ Scooters Price Increase: Prices Of TVS Scooty, Jupiter and NTorq 125 Hiked
- Movies Karnan Day 2 Box Office Collection: Dhanush Starrer Continues Its Dream Run!
- Technology Week 15, 2021 Launch Roundup: TECNO Spark 7, Nokia X10, X20, Nokia G20, C10, C20, iQOO 7, re
- News 'Tika Utsav' from today; aim to vaccinate maximum eligible people
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs DC: Both Prithvi and I were hitting the ball well: Player-of-the-match Shikhar Dhawan
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: Here’s How Your PF Contribution May Change From July
- Lifestyle Gudi Padwa 2021: The Rituals And Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
India's first intelligent electric scooter manufacturer, Ather Energy, has announced that its flagship 450X electric scooter will be available in 27 cities by the quarter 1 of 2021. It will be a part of the brand's phase-2 expansion in the country.
The company has fast-forwarded its phase-1 expansion plan as it announced the launch of the Ather 450X in 16 new cities across the country. This includes Mysore, Hubli, Jaipur, Indore, Panaji, Bhubaneshwar, Nasik, Surat, Chandigarh, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Guwahati, Nagpur, Noida, Lucknow and Siliguri.
Additionally, the electric scooter manufacturer has full-fledged operations at Bengaluru and Chennai. On the other hand, the brand has entered other cities such as Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Pune & Hyderabad recently.
According to the company, it has received an overwhelming demand for electric scooter, dealership enquiries, and the volume of requests for test rides. This has led the company to include new markets in its Phase 2 expansion in the country.
Ather Energy has also announced that these new cities will also be eligible for the limited-edition Series 1 vehicle. It has received orders in January 2020 from following cities before the official launch of the new product line.
The company will enter each city in a staggered manner by Q1 2021. It will begin by setting up test rides to let consumers experience the vehicle. Additionally, Ather has also been talking to prospective retail partners to set up its fast EV charging network, Ather Grid. The company has currently installed over 60 public charging points across 11 different cities.
Speaking about the 450X itself, the electric scooter retails at Rs 1.59 lakh, ex-showroom (Bengaluru). Ather 450X buyers can choose between three colour options offered by the company: Grey, White & Green.
The electric scooter features a 6kW PMS electric motor that produces 26Nm of peak torque. The electric motor is coupled to a 2.9kWh battery pack, which is IP 67 rated for water and dust resistant. The company is offering a 3-year unconditional warranty with the battery pack.
The flagship Ather 450X will feature an actual range of around 85 kilometres on a single charge. According to the company, with every minute of charging the scooter gains 1.45 kilometre of riding range. The Ather 450X electric scooter can accelerate from 0kmph to 40kmph in 3.3 seconds.
The 450X electric scooter comes equipped with a host of smart features. This includes a smart touchscreen instrument console with Bluetooth connectivity, which can be used to control music and voice assistant; among others.
Ravneet Singh Phokela, Chief Business Officer, Ather Energy, said, "We are excited about adding 16 new markets and we look forward to establishing ourselves in these cities in the coming months. This expansion is the result of the strong demand from the consumers, dealerships and also, the test ride requests that we have received since the launch of Ather 450X."
He further added, "Ather Energy has always strived to build futuristic electric two-wheelers which boast of superior technology and innovative solutions to make the switch to electric easier for the consumers. We aim to introduce Ather products across the country and fulfil the needs of consumers by providing a premium offering."
Thoughts About The Ather 450X Electric Scooter Becoming Available In 27 Cities By Early 2021
Ather Energy offers premium electric scooters, which have been widely accepted by buyers in the segment. With the increasing demand for electric two-wheelers, most buyers in the cities are looking to purchase an Ather electric scooter to shift to green mobility. Catering to the growing demand, the company is also aggressive on its expansion plans and is backed by renowned brands such as Hero MotoCorp.