- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- Finance 5 Reasons Why NPS Is A Must-Have Investment In Your Retirement Portfolio
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Rumored Smartphones Expected To Launch
- Movies Independence Day 2020: 6 Web Series That Will Rekindle Your Passion For India
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test: Holder lauds Gabriel and Blackwood after Windies take series lead
- News Rajasthan crisis: 75 MLAs attended CM Gehlot's meeting
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Ather Energy has released a new OTA update for its electric scooter customers. The new software update brings in a whole host of new features and improvements to the instrument cluster interface including an all-new 'Dark Mode' theme.
This is the seventh OTA update released from the company, that brings a Dark theme to the Ather 450 dashboard for an enhanced night riding experience and improving visibility. Other software enhancements have been added to the instrument cluster including a responsive keyboard, and the ability to save previous riding modes.
The new ‘Dark Theme' has been one among the highly requested feature in the Ather community. The company decided to answer the request by introducing on their latest OTA update. Owners can now manually choose between Light and Dark themes under the ‘Settings' menu.
The theme also has an automatic feature that switches on the Dark theme between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM and switches to the Light theme the rest of the day. The new theme will help the customers vision while riding during the night as it significantly reduces the amount of light on the screen and eases the strain on the eyes. This makes for a more comfortable, distraction-free ride at night.
In addition to the new theme and again based on the customer feedback, the company has also released a new ‘Save previous riding mode' feature. This automatically selects the last used riding mode on the dashboard so the owner won't have to switch unless rider wants to. The keyboard has also become more responsive with the latest update.
It is the seventh iteration of the software update that has been released by the company to the Ather 450. All the previous updates from the company have made the interface more intuitive targeting ease of use. This includes new features added like ‘Guide me home lights', real-time ride efficiency indicators, and new Eco riding mode; among others.
The customer community has been actively sharing feedback on their experience with the company. In return, Ather has been learning from consumer behaviour and patterns to remotely add improvements to the scooters on the road.
Speaking on the new OTA update, Swapnil Jain, Co-founder and CTO, Ather Energy, said, "We are happy to take yet another step to enhance the Ather 450's rider experience. We designed the Ather products to improve with time rather than lose value once purchased and the owners have played a big role in prioritizing features and updates so we can continuously make improvements."
"The growing Ather community challenges us time and again and I am glad that we are able to continuously enhance their ownership experience. We are excited about bringing this new generation of scooters to more people in the country," he further added.
Thoughts About The Ather 450 Receives OTA Software Update With New Dark Mode Added
Owners of the Ather 450 will now enjoy a dark-mode on their instrument console, much like their smartphones. Ather recently completed two years of presence in the India market. As a result, the indigenous electric two-wheeler manufacturer has decided to increase its presence to various cities across the country. Ather Energy will also be opening a new production facility and will be launching a new product by the end of this year.