- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- News Fine enhanced to Rs 500 for not wearing mask in Ahmedabad
- Movies Bhagyashree To Play The Role Of Jayalalithaa's Mother In Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi: Report
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Technology Intel Thunderbolt 4 Universal Dock Officially Announced: What Caught Our Attention?
- Sports England's batting still their nemesis: Nasser Hussain
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
British auto manufacturer Aston Martin, and Brough Superior are in the process of testing a prototype of the AMB 001 - a limited series turbocharged, track-only motorcycle.
A video released by the brand shows the prototype AMB 001 dressed in signature Aston Martin camouflage, in the middle of tests on the Pau-Arnos circuit in southwestern France.
A CNC machined frame sits directly on to the engine and a carbon fibre rear sub-frame with titanium interfaces. The motorcycle features wheels that are built out of forged aluminium.
The Aston Martin Brough 001 features a double wishbone design for the front suspension, machined out of billet Aluminium. The motorcycle also features winglets that are integrated into the bodywork to assist with more downforce at high speeds. The motorcycle features a turbocharged 997cc V-Twin engine that produces 180bhp.
Mr Marek Reichman, the Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer at Aston Martin said, "Everybody involved has managed to make tremendous progress with the development of the AMB 001, despite the challenges we have all been facing."
"This special motorcycle is, like our road cars, the result of beautiful design melding with modern technology to produce a bike that any collector will be proud of. We are delighted to see how much progress has been made, both on and off the track and look forward to the moment when production starts for this stunning machine," he added.
Mr Thierry Henriette, the Chief Executive Officer at Brough Superior, said, "One of the key design features of the AMB 001 is an Aluminium fin that runs along the full length of a carbon fiber tank, passing under the saddle and out onto the rear."
"The body holding the fin and supporting the saddle is one of the areas where we called on the unique knowledge of Mecano ID, who joined the project to apply specialist aerospace-quality carbon fibre skills to the exclusive AMB 001," he added.
The AMB 001 is priced at Euros 108,000 (roughly Rs 92 lakh, plus taxes and registration). Only 100 of these machines will be built and deliveries are expected to begin closer to Christmas this year.
Thoughts About The Aston Martin Brough 001
While the video doesn't reveal much about the motorcycle, one can be certain that this AMB 001 will be the absolute Rolls Royce of motorcycles. And it better be, considering its worth almost a crore rupees!