- 15 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 17 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 18 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Ashish Raorane will be competing in the 2021 edition of the Dakar Rally. However, his participation in the world's toughest rally will be in a Malle Moto class. He will be competing in the race as a privateer.
Ashish has participated in various international events which were required for his application before competing in the Dakar Rally. His outings in last year include 2019 Baja World Championship and the Africa Eco Race in 2020.
After the Africa Eco Race 2020, we were looking forward to Ashish's participation in the Merzouga rally in May 2020 followed by Rallye du Maroc. However, both the rally events were cancelled due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The 2021 Dakar Rally will be his next international outing, where he will be participating in the Malle Moto class. Participants who are riding motorcycles and quads will have to compete without any kind of assistance from the team.
According to the rules, the rider will be alone through the entire duration of the race. However, the Dakar organization will assist the riders in this category by transporting all the required tools and accessories. This includes one trunk, one set of wheels, one sleeping tent, one travel bag and one set of tyres for each competitor.
Competitors in the category will are required to carry all the spare parts, tools and other accessories for the rally in their trunks. They will also have to carry out all maintenance on their vehicles by themselves. As a result, the rider should have complete knowledge of their motorcycle to perform repairs. Ashish's Marine Engineer background is sure to help him with the technical aspects of the motorcycle.
Speaking of the motorcycle, Ashish has tried with many motorcycles in the past to compete in the rally. However, he was not fully comfortable with any of those. He decides to invest on a KTM 450 Rally Replica motorcycle, that comes purpose-built from the factory and is sold in very limited numbers.
Explaining his decision about the motorcycle, he said, "We decided to invest in a rally bike for Dakar, and the KTM Rally Replica was a natural choice. The bike has been sitting in Spain since May, but with worldwide lockdowns and me being stuck at sea, I haven't got a chance to ride it yet."
The 43rd edition of the Dakar Rally will be held between January 3 and 15. The 2021 route will run in a loop starting from the Red Sea port city of Jeddah and continued over 12 stages to conclude back in Jeddah.
The rally organizers have made some changes to the guidelines of the upcoming Dakar Rally. The new changes ensure the safekeeping of racers during the event. The changes are made across all categories in the event — here are more details.
Thoughts About Ashish Raorane Participating In 2021 Dakar Rally Malle Moto Class
It will be Ashish Raorane's first outing in the Dakar Rally. He will be joining the elite group of racers from India, who are participating in the upcoming edition of the rally. Adding to the list of challenges is the Malle Moto class, where he will be competing without the help of a team. We wish him all the best and godspeed.