- 13 min ago Ducati Streetfighter V4 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Set To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- Education AEEE Result 2021 Declared For Phase 1, Check Results At amrita.edu
- Sports We benefited from video analysis during successful tours of Europe and Argentina: Rohidas
- Technology Is Amazon Delivering Products During Lockdown In India? Can You Place Regular Orders?
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Movies Ekta Kapoor’s Kkusum Starring Nausheen Ali Sardar & Anuj Saxena To Have A Digital Sequel: Report
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Aprilia SXR 160 is expected to launch within a few weeks in the India market. Ahead of its launch, the company have begun accepting bookings for its upcoming premium scooter for a token amount of Rs 5,000.
A video uploaded by VJNS vlogs showcases the upcoming SXR 160 maxi-scooter has been spotted arriving at dealerships in Mumbai. Apart from the already known Red and Blue colours of the scooter, the video also reveals the SXR 160 in a white paint scheme.
With the scooters arriving at dealerships, the company might launch the scooter soon with deliveries starting right after the launch. The Aprilia SXR 160 is a premium scooter and will be the flagship model in the brand's scooter range. As a result, it is expected to be priced higher than the current crop of scooter sold in the market by the brand.
Speaking about the scooter itself, Aprilia had showcased the SXR 160 at the 2020 Auto Expo finished in red colour. While announcing the commencement of its production at the brand's Baramati plant, the company revealed the scooter in a blue paint scheme as well.
The Aprilia SXR 160 will be powered by a similar 160cc unit like the ones seen on the SR 160 BS6 scooter sold in India. The 160cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum of 10.8bhp at 7600rpm and a peak torque of 11.6Nm at 6000rpm.
Suspension duties on both scooters will be handled via telescopic forks at the front and twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking duties on the SXR 160 and the SXR 125 are likely to be handled by a disc brake at the front and drum brake setup at the rear supported by a single-channel ABS.
The maxi-scooter feature a fresh and modern look. The front of the scooter houses the brand's signature triple headlamp setup with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust.
The company also states that the Aprilia SXR 160 will feature bigger, longer, comfortable and ergonomic seats, crafted in art leather suede feel, detailed with special stitch pattern in grey and red threads.
Other features include a raised handlebar, feather touch switches, a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side, USB charging slot, and large under-seat storage space with illumination; among others.
The company will also be offering an optional accessory for mobile connected technology with the Aprilia SXR 160 scooter. Enabling this particular feature will help the user to secure their scooter in several ways.
Thoughts About The Aprilia SXR 160 Arriving At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch
Aprilia aims to establish a new premium scooter segment offering maximum practicality paired with Italian performance and design. However, India being a price-sensitive market, the pricing of the SXR 160 will be the key factor for the scooter's success in the country. The scooter will have no direct rivals when launched in India.