- 13 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- News ED files money laundering case against former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Piaggio has announced the start of pre-bookings for its Aprilia SXR 160 premium scooter in the Indian market. The new Aprilia SXR 160 scooter can now be booked online or at any of the brand's dealerships for an amount of Rs 5,000. The premium scooter is expected to go on sale in the country in the coming weeks.
Piaggio has also announced that the production for the Aprilia SXR 160 has already begun at its Baramati plant. This should allow the brand to start deliveries of the premium scooter immediately after its launch.
The Aprilia SXR 160 premium scooter was first showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo, held in February this year. The scooter was expected to go on sale in India earlier, however, the plans were disrupted amidst the lockdown.
The new premium scooter brings in Aprilia's latest design language, while also offering a host of features, along with a high-performance powertrain, compliant with the latest emission norms in the country.
Starting off with the design, the new Aprilia SXR 160 comes with a large maxi-scooter styling. It features split wraparound LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED taillights and a bunch of other styling elements all around.
In terms of features, the upcoming premium scooter comes with a digital instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity, large comfortable seats, big visor at the front and large storage space with an LED light.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Aprilia SXR 160 comes powered by a 160cc single-cylinder engine. It produces 10.5bhp at 7600rpm and 11.6Nm of peak torque at 6000rpm.
The premium scooter uses a 30mm telescopic forks at the front and an adjustable mono-shock suspension setup at the rear. Braking is handled by 220mm and 140mm disc at the front and rear, respectively; supported by dual-channel ABS. The premium scooter further runs on 12-inch tubeless tyres with 120/70 profiles at both ends.
Diego Graffi, Chairman & MD, Piaggio India said,
"It is a great feeling as our premium scooter, the Aprilia SXR 160, has started rolling out of the production lines. 2020 was a year filled with challenges, but we were determined to fulfil our promise of delivering the much-anticipated scooter at the earliest.
We are delighted to announce that we have now opened pre-booking of the SXR 160 for our distinguished customers, on our e-commerce platform and at all dealerships across India. We believe that Aprilia SXR 160 with its unique next-generation design and technologically advanced features, will create a new everlasting experience for the Aprilia followers."
The Aprilia SXR 160 once launched in India will be available in a choice of four colours: Glossy Red, Matte Blue, Glossy White and Matte Black.
Thoughts On The Aprilia SXR 160 Bookings Open
The Aprilia SXR 160 is one of the most anticipated premium scooters in the Indian market. Once launched in the country, the SXR 160 will be offered with a premium price tag, similar to its Vespa cousins.