- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 16 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 17 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Uttar Pradesh corona curfew extended till May 17
- Sports IPL 2021 Suspended: First lot of Kiwis arrive home, second group expected to land on May 9
- Finance 3 High Rated Small Cap Funds That Gave 1-Year Returns Over 100%
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Piaggio has finally launched their much-awaited Aprilia SXR 160 in the Indian market. The new Aprilia SXR 160 is a premium scooter offering from the brand and is available with a price tag of Rs 1.26 lakh, ex-showroom (Pune).
The Aprilia SXR 160 premium scooter was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and was initially planned for an earlier launch. The SXR 160 carries the brand's latest maxi-scooter design language while coming packed with a host of features and equipment as well.
Talking about the design, the new Aprilia SXR 160 features a large apron housing the split LED headlamp with integrated LED DRLs and front turn signal indicators. The scooter also comes with a windscreen at the front, large single-piece seat, LED tail lights and a host of other elements; giving it an extremely attractive styling.
In terms of features, the Aprilia SXR 160 comes with a multifunctional fully-digitial instrument cluster which showcases information such as mileage indicator, RPM meter, average and top speeds, fuel-level indicator and a bunch of others.
The SXR 160 also comes with optional connected technology, allowing riders to connect their smartphones to the scooter, offering a few additional functionalities as well.
Powering the Aprilia SXR 160 is a 160cc single-cylinder engine. It produces 10.5bhp and 11.6Nm of peak torque. The scooter comes with telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock suspension set up at the rear. Braking is handled by a disc at the front and drum brakes at the rear, supported by single-channel ABS as standard.
The Aprilia SXR 160 comes with a choice of four colour options: Glossy Red, Matte Blue, Glossy White & Matte Black.
Diego Graffi, Chairman and Managing Director, Piaggio India said,
"We are delighted to launch the much-anticipated premium scooter, Aprilia SXR 160 for all our distinguished customers in India. Designed in Italy, for India, the Aprilia SXR 160 is an epitome of great style, high performance and great comfort."
"Available at all dealerships across India, we believe that this scooter will set high standards in the Indian premium two-wheeler market and will be a testament of Piaggio's upcoming plans for India."
Thoughts On The New Aprilia SXR 160 Launch In India
The Aprilia SXR 160 has been one of the most-awaited premium scooters in the Indian market for a while now. The scooter doesn't have any rivals in the Indian market, with the only other maxi-scooter-styled scooter being the Suzuki Burgman Street 125.