- 38 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- News Declare Marathi-speaking Karnataka-Maharashtra border areas as UT: Uddhav
- Movies 32 Years Of Ram Lakhan: Jackie Shroff Calls The Film 'Iconic'; Says 'It's A Milestone Of My Career'
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Piaggio has finally launched their much-awaited Aprilia SXR 160 in the Indian market. The new Aprilia SXR 160 is a premium scooter offering from the brand and is available with a price tag of Rs 1.26 lakh, ex-showroom (Pune).
The Aprilia SXR 160 premium scooter was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and was initially planned for an earlier launch. The SXR 160 carries the brand's latest maxi-scooter design language while coming packed with a host of features and equipment as well.
Talking about the design, the new Aprilia SXR 160 features a large apron housing the split LED headlamp with integrated LED DRLs and front turn signal indicators. The scooter also comes with a windscreen at the front, large single-piece seat, LED tail lights and a host of other elements; giving it an extremely attractive styling.
In terms of features, the Aprilia SXR 160 comes with a multifunctional fully-digitial instrument cluster which showcases information such as mileage indicator, RPM meter, average and top speeds, fuel-level indicator and a bunch of others.
The SXR 160 also comes with optional connected technology, allowing riders to connect their smartphones to the scooter, offering a few additional functionalities as well.
Powering the Aprilia SXR 160 is a 160cc single-cylinder engine. It produces 10.5bhp and 11.6Nm of peak torque. The scooter comes with telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock suspension set up at the rear. Braking is handled by a disc at the front and drum brakes at the rear, supported by single-channel ABS as standard.
The Aprilia SXR 160 comes with a choice of four colour options: Glossy Red, Matte Blue, Glossy White & Matte Black.
Diego Graffi, Chairman and Managing Director, Piaggio India said,
"We are delighted to launch the much-anticipated premium scooter, Aprilia SXR 160 for all our distinguished customers in India. Designed in Italy, for India, the Aprilia SXR 160 is an epitome of great style, high performance and great comfort."
"Available at all dealerships across India, we believe that this scooter will set high standards in the Indian premium two-wheeler market and will be a testament of Piaggio's upcoming plans for India."
Thoughts On The New Aprilia SXR 160 Launch In India
The Aprilia SXR 160 has been one of the most-awaited premium scooters in the Indian market for a while now. The scooter doesn't have any rivals in the Indian market, with the only other maxi-scooter-styled scooter being the Suzuki Burgman Street 125.