- 18 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna’s Eyeliner-Free Glossy Make-Up Will Soon Be Your Go-To Party Look
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Reacts To Violence At Protesting Farmers' Tractor Rally: Did My Best To Avoid This But I Failed
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- News Tandav makers fail to get Supreme Court’s protection from arrest
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Piaggio India has announced that it will soon start the production of Aprilia SXR 160 scooter in the country. The upcoming Aprilia SXR 160 max-scooter will be manufactured at its Baramati production facility in Pune. The company has also revealed a new blue paint scheme of the scooter for the first time.
The company had showcased the scooter at the 2020 Auto Expo, which was finished in Red paint scheme with black inserts. This time around the scooter features a blue and black dual-tone like paint scheme. We expected Aprilia to introduce the SXR 160 maxi scooter much earlier in the year. However, Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the launch of the SXR 160 was delayed in India.
According to the company, the Aprilia SXR 160 incorporates the brand's latest global design language and will offer high premium experience along with bespoke performance, comfort and style. With its launch, the SXR 160 is set to create a new category in the premium scooter market.
The powerful Aprilia SXR 160 would feature the 160cc unit borrowed from the Aprilia SR 160 BS6 scooter sold in India. The 160cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 10.8bhp at 7600rpm and peak torque of 11.6Nm at 6000rpm.
The maxi-scooter feature a fresh and modern look. The front of the scooter houses the brand's signature triple headlamp setup with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust.
The company also states that the Aprilia SXR 160 will feature bigger, longer, comfortable and ergonomic seats, crafted in art leather suede feel, detailed with special stitch pattern in grey and red threads.
The scooter also features a raised handlebar along with feather touch switches, which enables the rider to operate the functionalities of the scooter without much effort while riding.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, and large under-seat storage space with illumination; among others.
Customers can opt for the mobile connectivity accessory which connects the user's mobile to the scooter and helps them in locating it, raising security alarm when needed, and if necessary, even immobilizing it.
Suspension duties on both scooters will be handled via telescopic forks at the front and twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking duties on the SXR 160 and the SXR 125 are likely to be handled by a disc brake at the front and drum brake setup at the rear supported by a single-channel ABS.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr Diego Graffi, Chairman and Managing Director, Piaggio India said, "We are extremely excited to soon introduce the highly anticipated and a unique, premium proposition for our discerning customers. As promised at the Auto Expo 2020, we are gearing up for the production of Aprilia SXR 160 in India and unfolding a new chapter for the scooter industry."
He further added, "With its highly innovative design, the SXR 160 is set to create a new unmatched experience of premium style, high comfort and best in class performance. To ensure that we bring this experience much closer to everyone, we are expanding our footprint of the dealer network in India, by welcoming the premium mindset entrepreneurs to our most exciting dealership business model in their town."
Piaggio India currently has over 250 dealerships across the country and aims to increase to 400+ touchpoints soon. This ensures convenience and an exceptional purchase experience for its distinctive customers.
Thoughts About The Aprilia SXR 160 Production Starting In India
Aprilia SXR 160 is among the highly anticipated scooter launches in the Indian market. The upcoming scooter will be a unique offering in the segment, which will feature enhanced practicality over the current crop of premium scooter sold in the market.