- 3 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- 3 hrs ago Audi Celebrated Women’s Day With The #DriveTheChange Initiative: Read More To Find Out!
- 4 hrs ago Kabira Electric Motorcycles Sold Out In Just 4 Days: Both KM3000 & KM4000 Receive Overwhelming Response
- 4 hrs ago TVS To Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccination To All Employees & Their Immediate Family Members
- Movies Bombay Begums Web Series Review: Alankrita Shrivastava-Pooja Bhatt's Shows Celebrates A Blend Of Real Women
- News TN elections 2021: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM seals poll deal with TTV Dhinakaran's AMMK
- Education On Women’s Day, NTPC Announces Special Recruitment Drive For Women
- Sports Vijay Hazare QF: Panchal century takes Gujarat to semi-finals
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Pro Max First Sale On March 18: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The Aprilia SXR 160 is among the most anticipated scooter launches in the Indian market. The company had showcased the scooter at the 2020 Auto Expo. We expected Aprilia to introduce the SXR 160 maxi scooter much earlier in the year. However, Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the launch of the SXR 160 was delayed in India.
According to the latest report from Motorbeam, the Aprilia is expected to launch the SXR 160 maxi scooter sometime within the first two weeks of December 2020. The report also suggests that some dealers have begun accepting unofficial bookings for a token amount of Rs 5,000.
Along with the SXR 160, Aprilia has also confirmed that they will launch a lesser power version of the maxi-scooter called the SXR 125 in the Indian market. However, the SXR 125 is scheduled to arrive sometime during early next year. Once launched, the SXR 125 will rival the Burgman Street 125 in the market.
The powerful Aprilia SXR 160 would feature the 160cc unit borrowed from the Aprilia SR 160 BS6 scooter sold in India. The 160cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 10.8bhp at 7600rpm and peak torque of 11.6Nm at 6000rpm.
The Aprilia SXR 125 is expected to be powered by the same 125cc unit that is powering the Aprilia SR 125 BS6 scooter from the company's line-up. The 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 9.5bhp at 7250rpm and peak torque of 9.9Nm at 6250rpm.
Both scooters will be similar in design and feature a fresh and modern look. The front of the scooter houses the brand's signature triple headlamp setup with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, and large under-seat storage space with illumination; among others.
Suspension duties on both scooters will be handled via telescopic forks at the front and twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking duties on the SXR 160 and the SXR 125 are likely to be handled by a disc brake at the front and drum brake setup at the rear supported by a single-channel ABS.
Thoughts About Aprilia SXR 160 Expected India Launch Timeline Revealed
The Aprilia SXR 160 has created a buzz in the market since its debut at the 2020 Auto Expo earlier this year. The maxi-scooter offers enhanced practicality as compared to other scooters available in the market. Additionally, the SXR 160 is also among the good-looking scooters with its signature three-pod headlamp design.