- 14 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- 15 hrs ago Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility Partners With Bajaj Allianz To Offer Insurance Policies To Joy e-Bike Buyers
- 16 hrs ago Nissan CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 17 hrs ago Force Gurkha Teased On Social Media — Here’s What We Can Expect From The Off-Roader
- News ‘Jivan Vayu’: IIT Ropar develops power free device for high flow CPAP therapy for patients on O2 support
- Sports Euro 2020: Stats Highlights: Spain's lack of attacking edge and Sweden's failures
- Finance 3 Best Smallcap Stocks To Buy For Long Term Investors Today
- Movies EXCLUSIVE! Sunil Grover On Sunflower's Unusual Narrative, His Non-Comic Characters & What Success Means To Him
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Redmi Note 10, Poco X3 Pro, Galaxy A12 And More
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Flaunts Peach And Rani Pink Kurta Sets; Which Attire Did You Like More?
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
The Aprilia SXR 160 is among the most anticipated scooter launches in the Indian market. The company had showcased the scooter at the 2020 Auto Expo. We expected Aprilia to introduce the SXR 160 maxi scooter much earlier in the year. However, Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the launch of the SXR 160 was delayed in India.
According to the latest report from Motorbeam, the Aprilia is expected to launch the SXR 160 maxi scooter sometime within the first two weeks of December 2020. The report also suggests that some dealers have begun accepting unofficial bookings for a token amount of Rs 5,000.
Along with the SXR 160, Aprilia has also confirmed that they will launch a lesser power version of the maxi-scooter called the SXR 125 in the Indian market. However, the SXR 125 is scheduled to arrive sometime during early next year. Once launched, the SXR 125 will rival the Burgman Street 125 in the market.
The powerful Aprilia SXR 160 would feature the 160cc unit borrowed from the Aprilia SR 160 BS6 scooter sold in India. The 160cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 10.8bhp at 7600rpm and peak torque of 11.6Nm at 6000rpm.
The Aprilia SXR 125 is expected to be powered by the same 125cc unit that is powering the Aprilia SR 125 BS6 scooter from the company's line-up. The 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 9.5bhp at 7250rpm and peak torque of 9.9Nm at 6250rpm.
Both scooters will be similar in design and feature a fresh and modern look. The front of the scooter houses the brand's signature triple headlamp setup with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, and large under-seat storage space with illumination; among others.
Suspension duties on both scooters will be handled via telescopic forks at the front and twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking duties on the SXR 160 and the SXR 125 are likely to be handled by a disc brake at the front and drum brake setup at the rear supported by a single-channel ABS.
Thoughts About Aprilia SXR 160 Expected India Launch Timeline Revealed
The Aprilia SXR 160 has created a buzz in the market since its debut at the 2020 Auto Expo earlier this year. The maxi-scooter offers enhanced practicality as compared to other scooters available in the market. Additionally, the SXR 160 is also among the good-looking scooters with its signature three-pod headlamp design.