- 2 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 11 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
The Aprilia SXR 160 is among the most anticipated scooter launches in the Indian market. The company had showcased the scooter at the 2020 Auto Expo. We expected Aprilia to introduce the SXR 160 maxi scooter much earlier in the year. However, Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the launch of the SXR 160 was delayed in India.
According to the latest report from Motorbeam, the Aprilia is expected to launch the SXR 160 maxi scooter sometime within the first two weeks of December 2020. The report also suggests that some dealers have begun accepting unofficial bookings for a token amount of Rs 5,000.
Along with the SXR 160, Aprilia has also confirmed that they will launch a lesser power version of the maxi-scooter called the SXR 125 in the Indian market. However, the SXR 125 is scheduled to arrive sometime during early next year. Once launched, the SXR 125 will rival the Burgman Street 125 in the market.
The powerful Aprilia SXR 160 would feature the 160cc unit borrowed from the Aprilia SR 160 BS6 scooter sold in India. The 160cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 10.8bhp at 7600rpm and peak torque of 11.6Nm at 6000rpm.
The Aprilia SXR 125 is expected to be powered by the same 125cc unit that is powering the Aprilia SR 125 BS6 scooter from the company's line-up. The 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 9.5bhp at 7250rpm and peak torque of 9.9Nm at 6250rpm.
Both scooters will be similar in design and feature a fresh and modern look. The front of the scooter houses the brand's signature triple headlamp setup with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, and large under-seat storage space with illumination; among others.
Suspension duties on both scooters will be handled via telescopic forks at the front and twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking duties on the SXR 160 and the SXR 125 are likely to be handled by a disc brake at the front and drum brake setup at the rear supported by a single-channel ABS.
Thoughts About Aprilia SXR 160 Expected India Launch Timeline Revealed
The Aprilia SXR 160 has created a buzz in the market since its debut at the 2020 Auto Expo earlier this year. The maxi-scooter offers enhanced practicality as compared to other scooters available in the market. Additionally, the SXR 160 is also among the good-looking scooters with its signature three-pod headlamp design.