- 14 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 16 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 17 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 20 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- News J&K Class 10 board exam: Girls outshine boys
- Movies Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2: Akanksha Juneja Says Hate Comments Disturb Her A Lot & Some Comments Scare Her
- Technology Realme Narzo 30 Pro 5G First Sale Set For March 4: Is It Worth Buying?
- Sports Arsenal 'expected many more things' from Willian – Arteta
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The Aprilia SXR 125 scooters launch has been delayed in the Indian market. The company has pushed the launch of the upcoming maxi-scooters to early next-year due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown announced in the country.
In an interview with Zigwheels, Diego Graffi, CEO and MD Piaggio Vehicles Private Ltd, has confirmed the delay of the Aprilia SXR 125 maxi-scooter in the country. He also stated that the brand has been forced to extend the development time of the scooter due to the ongoing crisis in India.
The upcoming Aprilia SXR range of maxi-scooters includes two models: the SXR 125 and the more powerful SXR 160. The company showcased the SXR 160 model at the 2020 Auto Expo, ahead of its launch. The Aprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter launch has been delayed as well. It is now slated to launch during September this year.
The Aprilia SXR 125 maxi-scooter features a fresh and modern design. The front of the scooter houses the brand's signature setup of a triple headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust adding to the maxi-scooter's muscular looks.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, and large under-seat storage space with illumination; among others.
The Aprilia SXR 125 is expected to be powered by the same 125cc engine that is currently powering the Aprilia SR 125 BS6 scooter from the brand's line-up. The 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine produces a maximum power of 9.5bhp at 7,250rpm and a peak torque of 9.9Nm at 6,250rpm.
Other cycle parts include a telescopic forks at the front and twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking on the scooter is expected to be via a disc brake at the front and drum brake at the rear supported by a combined braking system for additional safety.
Once launched The Aprilia SXR 125 will primarily rival the Suzuki Burgman 125 in the India market. The upcoming Aprilia scooter will be premium products from the brand, and will be targeted towards a niche audience.
Thoughts About The Aprilia SXR 125 India Launch Delayed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Like most manufacturers, Aprilia has postponed the launch of their entry-level maxi-scooter in the Indian market due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The crisis has resulted in most product launches getting delayed in the country.