- 3 hrs ago Mitsubishi Ralliart Set To Make A Comeback: Lots Of Sideways Rallying Action Coming Soon
- 6 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spied Testing In Desert Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Andalucia Rally Final Results: Hero MotoSports Finishes 4th Overall In The Road To Dakar Rally
- 10 hrs ago TVS Ntorq 125 Sales Cross 1 Lakh Units Mark In International Markets: New Milestone Achieved!
- Movies Prashanth Sambargi On His Bigg Boss Kannada 8 Journey: My Biggest Takeaway Was To Respect People's Emotions
- News Rajasthan BJP slams Congress leaders questioning export of COVID-19 vaccines
- Sports SS Das named Indian women's team's batting coach
- Education Calcutta University Result 2021 Declared For BA And BSc Odd Semester
- Technology Oppo Reno6 5G Live Images Surface; iPhone 12 Ripoff?
- Finance Facebook To Come Up With Its Own Cryptocurrency Diem In 2021
- Lifestyle Dexamethasone Vs Methylprednisolone In COVID-19 Treatment: Which Drug Is Better?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
The Aprilia RS 660 is expected to be launched soon in international markets. The upcoming motorcycle has already been listed on the company's website hinting that a launch will happen soon.
The company is expected to launch the Aprilia RS 660 in the Indian market. However, the launch is expected to be delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, and is likely to arrive in India sometime in 2021.
The Aprilia RS 660 borrows its design inspiration from its bigger sibling, the RSV4. The motorcycle features an aggressive-looking sharp full fairing and aero winglets like the one found on the RSV4. The race-spec style winglets will offer more aerodynamic stability at high speeds.
The RS 660 also features the brand's signature three-part LED headlight which consists of cornering lamps on either side. The motorcycle's aggressive looks are further enhanced by the addition of a sculpted fuel tank and sharp creases lines. The RS 660 rear design looks similar to that of the RSV4.
The RS 660 will be powered by a 660cc, parallel-twin engine that will produce 100 bhp. The upcoming sports bike will also feature a host of rider aids. These include wheelie control, cornering ABS, cruise control, five different ride modes, and a two-way quick-shifter as well. It will also feature a 5-inch TFT split-screen layout.
The suspension duties on the RS 600 will be handled by a 41mm, USD forks Kayaba unit, and a mono-shock set-up at the rear, both of which are fully adjustable. Braking on the motorcycle will be done via dual-disc brakes at the front and a disc-brake at the rear, both sourced from Brembo. Aprilia will offer the RS 660 in two colour schemes — matte black with red, and purple with red, which is inspired by the RS250 Reggiani Replica motorcycle.
Most auto manufacturers including Aprilia are making use of the new Indian import rules. The rule dictates that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all vehicles imported into the country have to meet International Automotive Standards.
This will attract lesser import taxes and duties, enabling manufactures to price them competitively in comparison to the rather hefty price tags that included import charges applied to vehicles arriving via the CBU route.
In related news, the company is gearing up to launch two new scooters in the Indian market. The upcoming Aprilia SXR 125 and the SXR 160 scooters were unveiled at the 2020 AutoExpo. The company was expected to launch both scooters during the month of April, however, the launch plans were delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Aprilia RS 660 For The Indian Market
There are not many options when it comes to the semi-litre class fully-faired sports bike in the Indian market. The Honda CBR 650R, the Kawasaki Ninja 650 and the ZX-6R; among others, are the models that are currently being sold in the country. However, with the Aprilia RS 660 launching in India, the motorcycle is expected to offer superior performance as compared to its rivals in the segment.