- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the globe badly. Every business has been put to hold or has completely shut down due to the global crisis. However, things have to keep on moving forwards and as the world continues to adapt to new ways of living, Marc Marquez and Alex Marquez have arrived in Jerez for the start of the MotoGP World Championship.
The race will take place on July 19 and it will be the 245th day since the MotoGP World Championship grid raced at the season-ending Valencia GP due to the global crisis. People are returning their lives back to normal and with it, racing is set to return.
Reigning World Champion Marc Marquez is eager to reunite with his team and get back to riding the Honda RC213V after a blistering end to testing in Qatar. On the other hand, for Alex Marquez, the wait to go racing has become even longer and he has been forced to delay his premier class debut. His first pre-season with the Repsol Honda Team was him post impressive times during the Sepang Test and make constant progress while in Qatar.
Marc Marquez stated, "First I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped and worked hard during these strange times. Now it is our turn to go back to work, to put on a great show and entertain everyone around the world - give them some excitement and rest in these difficult times. Jerez is a circuit I know well and the test on Wednesday will be important because even though we have been able to ride some motocross and keep our fitness, there is nothing like a MotoGP bike. We need to adapt how we work to stay safe and healthy, but I am really excited to see the team again and enjoy riding the Honda."
Alex Marquez stated, "It has been a long wait and there have been some difficult times for everyone, and the most important thing is to extend our thanks to all those who have worked tirelessly to help us return our lives to normal. This is why we will wear the special helmets; it is just a small gesture, but everything helps. Of course, I am very excited to see the team again and finally make my debut in MotoGP, it's something everyone dreams of. It's going to be a different weekend, but I think once we begin working on track our focus will shift and we can progress in a good way. The key thing is to take this weekend slow and remain realistic but of course I am excited, I have dreamed of lining up on the MotoGP grid since I was little."
Thoughts About The 2020 MotoGP World Championship Resuming
As the world is adjusting with the new normal, the upcoming 2020 MotoGP will an exciting thing to look forward to. This should be a very promising season, given the preparations that the teams have gone through during this global pandemic.