- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: PCB complains to ICC on Star Sports' India-Pakistan WC commercial
- News Striking doctors want media coverage for meeting with Mamata for ‘transparency'
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Technology 10 Best Android Apps For Investment On The Move
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Yamaha YZF-R15 V 3.0 has been awarded the 2019 India Design Mark by the Indian Design Council, an autonomous body of the Government of India established under the aegis of Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
The India Design Council is a national strategic body for multi-disciplinary design and is involved in promotion of design to ultimately make India a design enabled country. The Council is spearheading the national design direction and is working with other government agencies, the design community, industry and education institutions to promote design in business, society and public services and developing design excellence.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 follows in the footsteps of its predecessor (R15 V2.0) which was acknowledged in 2012. Other Yamaha models acknowledged earlier include the Cygnus Ray (2013), Cygnus Ray Z (2014), Cygnus Alpha and FZ (2015), Yamaha Fascino & Saluto 125 (2016), Cygnus Ray ZR and YZF R3 (2017), and finally the FZ25 (2018).
The Yamaha YZF-R15 sports bike was launched in its V3.0 avatar in 2018 and has received a positive response from the Indian public. The Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 features a fully faired body with distinctive twin LED headlamps dotting the aerodynamic front end of the bike with a nostril separating the light sources. The fairing of the YZF-R15 is sculpted and looks rather aggressive and matches well with the fuel tank. The tail section tapers to a point at the rear and looks extremely sharp.
The Yamaha R15 is powered by a liquid cooled 155cc single cylinder engine which features fuel injection. The engine pushes out 19bhp at 10,000rpm and 14.7Nm of torque at 8,500rpm and sends its power to the rear wheel via a 6-speed transmission and chain drive.
The YZF-R15 V3.0 features a deltabox frame along with conventional front forks and a monoshock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by disc brakes 282mm up front and 220mm at the rear. The brakes are assisted by dual-channel ABS. The R15 sits on 17-inch wheels which are shod by MRF Nylogrip Zapper FX-1 tyres.