- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 9 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 12 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Technology Spectrum Auction Might Increase Debt Of Telecom Industry: ICRA
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Finance Sun Pharma Q4 Profit Falls 37% On One-Time Expenditure
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Yamaha YZF-R15 V 3.0 has been awarded the 2019 India Design Mark by the Indian Design Council, an autonomous body of the Government of India established under the aegis of Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
The India Design Council is a national strategic body for multi-disciplinary design and is involved in promotion of design to ultimately make India a design enabled country. The Council is spearheading the national design direction and is working with other government agencies, the design community, industry and education institutions to promote design in business, society and public services and developing design excellence.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 follows in the footsteps of its predecessor (R15 V2.0) which was acknowledged in 2012. Other Yamaha models acknowledged earlier include the Cygnus Ray (2013), Cygnus Ray Z (2014), Cygnus Alpha and FZ (2015), Yamaha Fascino & Saluto 125 (2016), Cygnus Ray ZR and YZF R3 (2017), and finally the FZ25 (2018).
The Yamaha YZF-R15 sports bike was launched in its V3.0 avatar in 2018 and has received a positive response from the Indian public. The Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 features a fully faired body with distinctive twin LED headlamps dotting the aerodynamic front end of the bike with a nostril separating the light sources. The fairing of the YZF-R15 is sculpted and looks rather aggressive and matches well with the fuel tank. The tail section tapers to a point at the rear and looks extremely sharp.
The Yamaha R15 is powered by a liquid cooled 155cc single cylinder engine which features fuel injection. The engine pushes out 19bhp at 10,000rpm and 14.7Nm of torque at 8,500rpm and sends its power to the rear wheel via a 6-speed transmission and chain drive.
The YZF-R15 V3.0 features a deltabox frame along with conventional front forks and a monoshock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by disc brakes 282mm up front and 220mm at the rear. The brakes are assisted by dual-channel ABS. The R15 sits on 17-inch wheels which are shod by MRF Nylogrip Zapper FX-1 tyres.