- 4 hrs ago Independence Day: Official State Car Of The President Of India Is A Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 5 hrs ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 6 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- Sports Just because there is SOP, I won't lock myself in room: Arun Lal
- Movies Naagin 4 Fame Jasmin Bhasin Says She Wants To Try More Comedy After Working With Bharti Singh
- News No compromise on territorial integrity: India to China during 5th round of military talks
- Finance How To Pick The Right Gold Investment?
- Technology Meet Dodo Drop App, An Alternative To Chinese File-Sharing Apps
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Yamaha has just revealed its all new EC-05 electric scooter, and it features removable batteries — the first for a Yamaha electric scooter. The removable batteries have been designed for easy re-charging, and to swap the drained battery with a fully charged battery. The Yamaha EC-05 is the result of Yamaha's partnership with Gogoro — a Taiwan based electric motorcycle manufacturer.
According to NDTV Auto, The brands formed an alliance last year with the goal of incorporating Gogoro's electric powertrain into a Yamaha electric scooter. The Yamaha EC-05's design has been worked on by Yamaha, but the powertrain and tech are developed by Gogoro.
Yamaha have released a teaser video of the new electric scooter. While we do not have detailedd spces of the scooter, we expect the EC-05 to hold a top speed of about 90kmph, and we expect the travel range to be at about 100 kilometers, with two Gogoro battery packs.
The Yamaha EC-05 will be available only in Taiwan for now. Gogoro already operates over 1,000 battery exchange stations, so Yamaha feel charging and swapping infrastructure is already established. We expect the EC-07 to arrive with two swap-able 2170 Lithium-ion batteries.
A primary battery will stay with the owner and this battery can removed and charged at any place. The secondary battery is meant to be used as a rental, meaning it can be exchanged at recharging stations across the country.
The Yamaha EC-05 is expected to be launched in Taiwan during August 2019. As is, there is no information if this scooter will be seen in international markets. Rumor has it that Gogoro is reportedly exploring possible partnerships, hinting that the EC-07, and other electric scooters from it's fleet may launch in global markets sooner that expected.
There is no evidence to say that India Yamaha has plans of launching any electric scooter in India.
Thoughts About The Removable Battery On The Yamaha EC-05
Removable batteries are definitely a game changer for the electric two wheeler segment. While we have e-Scooter manufactureres like Avan Motors who offer removable batteries, what we lack is the infrastructure that Gogoro has managed to set up. Kudos. Battery Rentals! Now that's an idea.