- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note10 And Note10 Plus Accessories: Best Cases And Covers to Buy In India
- News Odisha jobs: Check official notification for 128 Post Graduate Teacher vacancies
- Sports India vs West Indies: Highlights: Rahane and Bumrah torment West Indies as India seal first Test in clinical fashion
- Movies Hrithik Roshan: Entertainment Value Of A Film Is Most Important For Me
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Yamaha has just revealed its all new EC-05 electric scooter, and it features removable batteries — the first for a Yamaha electric scooter. The removable batteries have been designed for easy re-charging, and to swap the drained battery with a fully charged battery. The Yamaha EC-05 is the result of Yamaha's partnership with Gogoro — a Taiwan based electric motorcycle manufacturer.
According to NDTV Auto, The brands formed an alliance last year with the goal of incorporating Gogoro's electric powertrain into a Yamaha electric scooter. The Yamaha EC-05's design has been worked on by Yamaha, but the powertrain and tech are developed by Gogoro.
Yamaha have released a teaser video of the new electric scooter. While we do not have detailedd spces of the scooter, we expect the EC-05 to hold a top speed of about 90kmph, and we expect the travel range to be at about 100 kilometers, with two Gogoro battery packs.
The Yamaha EC-05 will be available only in Taiwan for now. Gogoro already operates over 1,000 battery exchange stations, so Yamaha feel charging and swapping infrastructure is already established. We expect the EC-07 to arrive with two swap-able 2170 Lithium-ion batteries.
A primary battery will stay with the owner and this battery can removed and charged at any place. The secondary battery is meant to be used as a rental, meaning it can be exchanged at recharging stations across the country.
The Yamaha EC-05 is expected to be launched in Taiwan during August 2019. As is, there is no information if this scooter will be seen in international markets. Rumor has it that Gogoro is reportedly exploring possible partnerships, hinting that the EC-07, and other electric scooters from it's fleet may launch in global markets sooner that expected.
There is no evidence to say that India Yamaha has plans of launching any electric scooter in India.
Thoughts About The Removable Battery On The Yamaha EC-05
Removable batteries are definitely a game changer for the electric two wheeler segment. While we have e-Scooter manufactureres like Avan Motors who offer removable batteries, what we lack is the infrastructure that Gogoro has managed to set up. Kudos. Battery Rentals! Now that's an idea.